Processor and Cooling

ajnl

Why don't companies who make processors, put the heatsink directly on it? There would be no need for thermal paste if the processor and heat sink were integrated into one piece. Plus cooling would probably be a lot more efficient that way too.

thoughts?

i halfway agree.

if they integrated the processor and HSF into one, then the enthusiasts wouldnt have much fun. there would be no room for overclocking and no room for better cooling solutions. just my coupla cents

I get the feeling it would be clumsy. When I was inserting the processor into the motherboard I felt like I was a surgeon, and with whole heatsink on top of it, it would be hard to maneovur with it. Tho when I was putting heatsink on top of it I was tedious that cooling paste wouldn't get smeared all around. Attaching the heatsink to motherboard itself was also painful, with all the motherboard bending and skreeking. I guess it depends from socket to socket.

Some blocks don't fit in every case, however you should always try the largest block which will fit. Which seems to be not very efficient if you have to get a block which fits in every case.

no more this:

abit_extreme_overclocking.jpg

(dam really want to try that at least once XD)

nah, like said before I guess putting your cpu on your mobo won't be easy then

• Like 1

I think that honestly would be horrible and still would need thermal paste maybe. Plus everyone would be stuck with one cooler only, instead of what air or watercooler you want. Plus the manufacturers would just keep the same shitty cooler. So you'd be stuck with a shit cooler

• 3 weeks later...