how do you make ET fit a widescreen?

illusion

i just reformatted by windows 7 PC and for whatever reason it plays in a square of my screen instead of switching to widescreen. i've had this problem before when i got this laptop, but i don't remember how to fix it. i searched past threads and only found stuff like r_mode/customheight/width which didn't work, any advice is appreciated. thanks!

• Clan Friend

r_mode -1 with r_customwidth and r_customheight at the native res. of your monitor doesn't work?

I think I should check your graphics card control panel if there are any options regarding scaling.

i normally just change it in my configuration file (cfg). open etconfig.cfg with Notepad or something then scroll down until you see this

seta r_customheight "1080"

seta r_customwidth "1920"

of course it wont say that 1920x1080 for you but you get the picture. its near the bottom of the file. Happy Hunting and good luck!

I don't hide my windows task bar, and like to be able to just alt tab to firefox,so I reccomend r_customheight 1000;

as it's just above the taskbar and you can still alt tab

the custom height and width cmomands aren't working right. they still keep the sides blacked out and just make the ET resolution weird. @sunlight i also checked my graphics panel but nothing there helped. i had this problem when i got this laptop 2 years ago... but i have no idea how i fixed it. lol :/

Ok my laptop is 1366x768.. So for example, this is what I have in my config.

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customheight "768"
seta r_customwidth "1366"
vid_restart

Do the same for your PC, but with your screen's resolution..

• Like 1

Its not a config related issue, open up your videocard drivers and look for an option related to stretching or blackstrips something. I'm sure geforce has an option like this, I'd screenshot it but I switched to ATI :)

• Clan Friend

Its not a config related issue, open up your videocard drivers and look for an option related to stretching or blackstrips something. I'm sure geforce has an option like this, I'd screenshot it but I switched to ATI :)

Yes that's what I thought he should do, but if he knows the right resolution no stretch should be needed...

seta r_mode "-1"
vid_restart

Followed ,

Thank you !!

seta r_mode "-1"
vid_restart

.. for whatever reason i tried this a billion times before i made this thread, and even after, and it never workde till now... thanks though! problem solved for now haha =]