NEW PC Build

Antichrist

Tell your Brother to get you an AMD Card cause your Mobo only supports CFX, and not SLI ( NVIDIA)

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, my Mobo supported PCI-e 3.0 ( though it wont be fully taken advantage of for awhile), Quad CFX (crossFireX), and Quad SLI :DDDDD

Ill PROBABLY overclock my i5 2500k but i dunno.

Also - Newegg isnt the cheapest either :) Microcenter beats Newegg at some things, like the i5 2500k. Its consistently like $40 less

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to use a single card for now then. If I upgrade to dual cards, I'll make sure I grab CFX cards :)

And you have a nice mobo that supports SLI and CFX. :D

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to use a single card for now then. If I upgrade to dual cards, I'll make sure I grab CFX cards :)

And you have a nice mobo that supports SLI and CFX. :D

Yup yup :)

And remember - Two, three, or four cards does not actually double or triple or quadruple performance.

Yup yup :)

And remember - Two, three, or four cards does not actually double or triple or quadruple performance.

yeah, there is a great article about it on tom's hardware (pretty old: 3 march 2011 but there didn't changed much in gpu world)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-3-way-scaling,2865.html

Two questions.

1. Does your girlfriend have an equally generous sister? She doesn't have to be cute, but that never hurts.

2. When are you posting pics of that bad boy? (The computer..in case you were thinking something else)

I actually got a few PC related things myself..from my brother-in-law of all people. I'm still in shock.

• Like 1

Two questions.

1. Does your girlfriend have an equally generous sister? She doesn't have to be cute, but that never hurts.

2. When are you posting pics of that bad boy? (The computer..in case you were thinking something else)

I actually got a few PC related things myself..from my brother-in-law of all people. I'm still in shock.

LOL no, she doesn't have a sister.

My order from Newegg will arrive Thursday, I'm off deom work friday, and can probably take a few boxed/unboxed pics then, and plan to do the complete build on either saturday or sunday.

Looking forward to seeing them. I'm curious to see how that case works out for you. I've heard/read alot of good things about it. I was close to getting either that or the Corsair 500r until a deal on the Rosewill ThorV2 came up I couldn't say no to. Now if only it would fit under my desk. :\

Looking forward to seeing them. I'm curious to see how that case works out for you. I've heard/read alot of good things about it. I was close to getting either that or the Corsair 500r until a deal on the Rosewill ThorV2 came up I couldn't say no to. Now if only it would fit under my desk. :\

Cinderblocks are your best friend. And they'll add a nice, rugged, industrial touch to any home decor. :)

But in all seriousness, if you're handy with a saw, and matching stains/finishes, a couple of cut 2x4s rounded at the ends in front will give you a nice finished look, and will raise the desk 1.5".

If I have time Thursday, I'll snap a few pictures of the boxed/unboxed products to post up here, and can post the rest this weekend.

I also have a fairly large, glass top, corner desk, and my PC case sits on the left side, instead of the right side where I've normally had it. I had to purchase a USB extension for my mouse cord, but otherwise I've had no issues with its location.

Ok I unboxed the case and set it up with all the other goodies. This is supposedly only a midtower, but it dwarfs the current "midtower" that I'm using. I took everything out of my compaq case and put it into another I had sitting around just for the hell of it one day...

From left to right:

Raidmax 730w PSU

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition case in the back

Asus M5A97 in the middle

Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

AMD FX 6100 3.3 GHz 6-core CPU.

Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (4x4GB)

1230111355.jpg

And a few more pictures:

Power supply:

1230111410.jpg

CPU:

1230111410a.jpg

RAM: 1230111411.jpg

Motherboard:

1230111413.jpg

And Im going to start the buildtoday when my girlfriend gets home from work. She enjoys this as much as I do, so she wants to be here when this beast comes together.

And I don't have the 1GB video card from my brother yet, so I'm going to use the current 512 card that I have (I need a dual head card to support my dual monitors)

Ok it's done. I'm going to clean up the wiring later. Right now I'm shutting down to take my DVD drive and video card out of this PC.

If I never come back, it means I blew something up. But I should be back tonight with an update.

• Like 1

DONE! I'm using Opera now instead of IE as well.

I have to clean up the wiring inside the case, but I still have to install the video card also. So I'll get all that done in one shot.

No issues or problems with the build so far :) Now to install XFire.. and everything else. lol