Traditional food from your country

DirtyShadow

When relatives from my dad's side come over, we have Polish food!

Pierogi -(Dumplings, kind of)

Gwumpki -(stuffed cabbage)

Kielbasa -(sausage)

Red herring  (I've never tried this.... it doesnt look too appetizing   :P )

Potato salad  ( i don't think this is traditional, but we have it every time)

SAURKRAUT!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll just post the link for article from Buzzfeed. Article is about 42 traditional Finnish foods. There are pictures of each food and them all are explained for you. You might get the feeling "wtf" is that :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathaleggett/traditional-finnish-foods-that-you-desperately-need-in-yo#.um70pdG1kG

E: Oh yea forgot to say that you can find a recipe from there also if you are brave and have time enough so you can try those by yourself :lol: Feel free to pm me if you want to try out some of those, I can my tell opinion of those foods :)

Edited by jer3

I can't believe Canada hasn't been mentioned yet!

~ALLOW ME~

DI7pVfuusV4XI6-640m.jpg

1) Ginger Beef - Bet you're like "What?? But that's Chinese!" WRONG. Ginger Beef was created in Calgary, Alberta. You're welcome. 

poutine.jpg

2) Poutine - Fries, with gravy and melty cheese curds on top. Oh yes we did. Comes from Quebec. 

milk-bag.jpg tumblr_lsqcf6Wul91qlj7o9o1_1280.jpg

3) Milk in a Bag - Yes, in eastern Canada many everyday grocery stores sell milk in a bag. I know it's not a traditional "food" but I know a lot of people say "whaaat?" when they see this. It's very popular. 

193379.jpg?617

4) Maple Syrup - Obviously. 

DSC0606-550.jpg

5) Nanaimo Bar - It's like a little dessert square. Top is chocolate, middle is the equivalent of a creamier little less sweet Oreo filling, and bottom is like a chocolate pressed cake with nut fragments mixed within. SO. GOOD. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Try this old chestnut if you're feeling brave and find yourself in the east end of London:

Pie, mash and liquor (meat pie, mash potatoes and parsley sauce made with eel stock and flour). What's not to like, right?

plate3.jpg

milk-bag.jpg tumblr_lsqcf6Wul91qlj7o9o1_1280.jpg

3) Milk in a Bag - Yes, in eastern Canada many everyday grocery stores sell milk in a bag. I know it's not a traditional "food" but I know a lot of people say "whaaat?" when they see this. It's very popular. 

Whaat?

But seriously... Whaat?

193379.jpg?617

4) Maple Syrup - Obviously. 

Mjum :)

• 2 weeks later...

6e903f99c455295def4a455ad2dd2c5f.jpg

In my county germany especially in my state, we eat curd with linseed oil potatoes :) its easy to make, light for body and very healthy

donauwelle-rezept.jpg

Calls Donauwelle - its dessertcake. top is Canache (chocolate with cream mixed), in middle is filled with a heavyweight sweetcream and the bottom is sponge dough with pickled cherries (the cherris are pickle in cherry water > it has low alcoholic aroma) :)

Edited by Janey<3
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...