Linuxmint Linux Distro

PiNoY

Anybody is free to download Linuxmint OS

http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php'>http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Been using ET on Linuxmind desktop and laptop, it's really quite good. I like it better than Ubuntu, hope you like it too.

• 2 weeks later...

What noticeable difference is the categorized Software Manager, which you can simply hover, click then install/search any available software, which is very user-friendly.

Version 12 had just been released.

Update: LinuxMint beats Ubuntu on Distrowatch.org linux OS ranking. :)

You mean the Page Hit Ranking? That means 400 more people clicked on Distrowatch.org's Mint page than on their Ubuntu page. I don't really see what you're trying to say.

Yes, I am referring to distrowatch.org's page hit ranking, the one on the right side of the screen hehe

Honestly, this is the first time I saw Ubuntu being thrown out of #1 on that page hit ranking or click ranking on that very page. ;P

Lol, just FINISHED using Linux Mint forever. It's a total piece of shit. Problem after problem and chmodding random things like wolfenstein means that it wont boot up after a restart and I have to reinsall each time.. Back to Ubuntu I go. :)

ps: through years of web development I really do know what im doing with chmod so im definitely not doing anything wrong.

I used to be running Mint, but it was actually quite painful to switch tasks. You never know what you're running, actually pretty much the reason why I got rid of Ubuntu with it's "awesome" Unity interface.

Next time I'm installing a linux distro, it will be something with KDE. Although I hate KDE, it's the lesser of all evils.

Everyone's complaining about Unity but people don't seem to realise you can go back to gnome..

I know, I've used that. And then you update Ubuntu, as usual, which puts it back. And then you see that you can't go back to gnome without installing it yourself. I'm currently running Ubuntu 11.4 (I guess), and no, it can not be done as easily after integrating Unity the first time (if it can be done at all, didn't check). Besides, even gnome isn't excellent.

I had Linux installed on my laptop, because I didn't trust it sufficient to give it Win7. But it works so much smoother out of the box. My second pc (which is still running Ubuntu) will be switched to Suse or something when I have the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, just FINISHED using Linux Mint forever. It's a total piece of shit. Problem after problem and chmodding random things like wolfenstein means that it wont boot up after a restart and I have to reinsall each time.. Back to Ubuntu I go. :)

ps: through years of web development I really do know what im doing with chmod so im definitely not doing anything wrong.

Really? I'm surprised as Unbuntu and Mint are blood brothers under the skin.

I know.. Mint really didn't like my machine or something I guess.. There are lots of bugs in mint though.. Only gotta look through the known bug list on their website to know it's pretty cheaply finished at this moment in time..

I tried Unity and didnt see any problems with it. Its totally new but there was a dramatic increase on responsiveness of my OS using the latest Ubuntu... Hmmm.....am thinking of replacing LinuxMint for a tech change LOL

• Like 1