ET: ETKey.org, where you get the files you need

Fearless News

Hi,

a few days ago, a shocking news came out:

Evenbalance full stopped the support for ET and RtCW.

To enable playing on PB secured server, the neccessary etkey files is no longer generated.

Old player will not have any problems, but:

New player are unable to join such a server.

For this reason I foundet http://etkey.org , where everyine can simply generate a new etkey file. Additional to this you can find the actual Punkbuster client files for windows and linux there.

ETKey_org_kl.png

One of the main problems is, that real novice user don`t know what went wrong when the game only returns the "Emtpy CD Key Not Allowed" message.

For this I generated a small pk3 which, placed in the servers mod folder, give a little more info to the new player, and with one button-click the solution for the problem by a visit of etkey.org.

4381.jpg

You can download the file here

• Administrators

If I'm right u can upload your key on trackbase now and save it.

I am not trusting any 3 party services with my key :) I ain't giving it to anyone!

• Like 3

I am not trusting any 3 party services with my key :) I ain't giving it to anyone!

Definitely not! Who on earth would do that?! And who on earth would offer that service? Sounds dodgy as hell..

What can they do with my et-key?

They can steal your GUID (and all admin levels / XP along with it). And these are now limited edition etkeys (the real, valid ones anyway). No chance anyone on this planet would get their hands on mine :P

O no I had give mine to pbbans and you :P sarcasm off

No Man no way to give it to them or anyone else.

I also don't see any reason to do that. There are much better ways to save it (Email, USB stick, different pc, etc.)

Also there is another Reason: in a few years you can sell original ET Keys on eBay or in our trading section and than you can make much money :P 

edit: hate to post with cellphone, have all to edit my posts all the Time =[

• Administrators

O no I had give mine to pbbans and you :P sarcasm off

What you had given was just the number and that also last 8 digit... but what TB has is full etkey with file :)

Imagine TB getting hacked.. then all doomed. Never give out your key.. and always play on trusted servers.. because no few cheap admins are gathering etkeys to hack levels on other server.

What you had given was just the number and that also last 8 digit... but what TB has is full etkey with file :)

My bad ;) thought you can just submitt your Guid, not the whole key file.

But after I have taken a look i know something more.

( btw. I have used the wrong word above, joking instead sarcasm :) )