What Kind Of Mouse Do You Use?

sincity

huh the only one i could find costs $120 lol.

Are they out of production? That might explain why.

At the time i bought mine they were quite common, but if they're out of production and not so many new ones are left, the prices will rise.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone enlighten me about dpi? is a higher number better or worse than a lower one? My Log. G400 allows me to change it, but I don't know which way to go. :feedback

can someone enlighten me about dpi? is a higher number better or worse than a lower one? My Log. G400 allows me to change it, but I don't know which way to go. :feedback

DPI - I believe setting your DPI higher enables you to make more precise movements.

EDIT: I am currently using a Dell mouse that came with a computer my brother purchased a few years ago. Fun times! XD

Edited by matt.

• 5 months later...

First off ... I gotta say mice are maybe the single most subjective piece of computer equipment you'll ever own. :wacko:

What one person loves, another hates ... and more than anything it often is a matter of just getting used to using it day in and day out, and being comfortable knowing what it can and can't do for you in game.

DPI = "Dots Per Inch" for those that didn't know, however properly it should be known as counts per inch (CPI), formerly known as polls per inch (PPI) ... long story short, this is the number of times your mouse notifies the computer of its position per inch moved ... in otherwords say @ 400 CPI your mouse will cover 400 pixels per inch which translates to the entire length of a 1280x1024 screen in 3.2 inches on your mouse pad, while @ 800 CPI that same screen would take 1.6 inches of mouse movement.

There is no direct relationship between mouse CPI / DPI and accuracy per say, only that they relate directly to how sensitive a mouse is when moved.

Keep in mind this also works together in conjunction with your Mouse SENSITIVITY setting you may choose in WINDOWS or in the GAME itself.

You will need to find the balance that works Best for YOU ...

Frankly in GAMING ... IMO those HIGH DPI mice or more gimick geared than function practical in the real world ...

However, if you're doing say Graphics work, a Higher DPI would be desirable. Example ... open MS Paint and select pencil.

Now try writing your name with it. You ll notice that the higher the DPI the more finely and easily u can write with the pencil tool.

For graphic designers, DPI is important because they need to have very fine @ precise movement.

In Gaming, for Sniper AIM type shooting, not so much as the lower DPI means you don't have to be as precise with your AIM (placement of the cross hairs on your target), for ME, I have found a slightly higher sensitivity setting along with a lower CPI/DPI works best for me. The Higher sensitivity allows me to LOOK and MOVE about the game faster and smoother, while the Lower CPI/DPI allows me to Aim more accurately ... if that makes sense to you I hope. :blush:

This might be a good tool for some to check settings prior to in game use ... http://ragial.com/mouse/

Forgot to add ... this is my current Mouse ... header.jpg

http://www.coolermas...product_id=3021

And NO I don't use it at the 3500 DPI setting :embrass

• 2 months later...

Mine is the Razer Death Adder Black, but it is lately giving me lot of wrist pain. Heard a lot of good things about Logitech G400, so thinking of getting one, what u say guys?