The Largest Black Holes in the Universe

Watch this link

and post your comments on this below

once again this is a topic on space :)

-personal opinion

.. i fall in fear at the thought that way beyond space and beyond earth everything above all this is in control of us, mankind, we are powerless. we are nothing. and this thought scares me. D:

They are Awesome Always been interested in space!

Latest research says theres a black hole in the center of most if not all galaxies.

Using a black hole to accelerate is also therorized to be one way to time travel :)

• 3 weeks later...

It puts into perspective how insignificant we are. Just fragile little beings living on a grain of sand on a cosmic beach. We will live and die having no affect on our surroundings. Time will continue.............without us.

• 4 weeks later...

That is just bizarre. I really hope that that doesn't swallow us or the sun up. And if it does, well, that's that.

Sun must collapse to 6 km diameter to transorm into Black Hole. Reallity is this, that our star will become first slow-burning out giant red star( but not very giant like REAL red giants), then it collapse to White Dwarf. and then it will be very cold :D

butdon't worry, it will be in next 5 millions/billions (dont remeber) years.

Black hole's are amazing things.

there are two ships: one is "parked" near black hole, next to line called Event Horizont (a border surrounding black hole, after passing that border even light can't go out)

second ship is passing that badass border. You know what "outside" ship is seeing? a freezed vision of mate-ship, slowly dissapearing and falling into black hole.

it is because of time distort: near a big compression of a mass ( e=mc2 just to tell you what i mean) time is slowing down. in case of big black hole, time is stopping near 0.really cool.

however, i don't wanty to be catapulted-into-black-hole explorer. the pressure in that can squeeze X (dont remember how many :D) Eifell towers into ball of ballpoint.

haha :D

Edited by narcotic.influence

• 1 month later...

I remember reading a long time ago (please don't ask for a link, it was a book) that the Mayans had talked of a "hole" in the center of our galaxy. And no one thought anything of their story until it was discovered that there was a black hole in the center of the Milky Way. Eerie coincidence.

Someday our solar system will probably fall into this black hole in the center of the Milky Way.

The whirlpool-like appearance of most galaxies is caused by millions of solar systems swirling around a black hole, either in endless orbit, or on its slow spiral into the black hole. When you see a galaxy you are seeing millions of stars spinning around a black hole.

Our sun becoming a supernova and swallowing the interior of our solar system will probably happen before we get pulled into the milky way black hole. Space time continuum, interesting. Things I wonder about black holes: Are they round? Or are they just a hole in the fabric of reality? Another thing about space I've wondered is whether or not it is a limitless void, or is there a boundary to what we understand of existence. And if such a boundary exists, well then what exists beyond the boundaries of the universe?

We don't have the lifespans to explore a 5 million light year solar system in person, we as of yet do not have the technology to safely(If safe exists in space) explore space for a long period.

Come to think of it, if we as a species are still around when the sun finally begins to run out of fuel, I'm sure we will overcome it. We'll build our own death star and become planet conquering Necro Mongra's.

• 1 month later...

Typical American 'show-science'. It's fun to watch but shallow and only pseudo-science. Half of what they show us is made up ''cause its logical'.

Good thing they are researching more and more, and if this floats their boat...

Go science!