The Largest Black Holes in the Universe

well if anyone out there worries about black holes like I used to...

Just remember this one thing about them: the mass doesn't change when they form

so for example if I our sun became a black hole, the gravity would remain the same, and we would continue to orbit it as normal

same mass = same gravity (untill you get right up on it)

well if anyone out there worries about black holes like I used to...

Just remember this one thing about them: the mass doesn't change when they form

so for example if I our sun became a black hole, the gravity would remain the same, and we would continue to orbit it as normal

same mass = same gravity (untill you get right up on it)

Same mass, smaller size, at first. But I'm pretty sure they start sucking in other stuff and slowly increase their gravity, sucking in more and more stuff. Could b wrong tho

well its going to have the same gravity as what ever it was before it, our sun pulls things in, also gives off quite a bit. most black holes give off some mass, which is why they are thought to eventually evaporate

the creepy part to me is you cant really see them, they just warp the light that goes around them.

well its going to have the same gravity as what ever it was before it, our sun pulls things in, also gives off quite a bit. most black holes give off some mass, which is why they are thought to eventually evaporate

the creepy part to me is you cant really see them, they just warp the light that goes around them.

No, nothing escapes the gravity of a black hole. Not even light. Past the event horizon nothing can come back out.

No, nothing escapes the gravity of a black hole. Not even light. Past the event horizon nothing can come back out.

Which is exactly the reason we can't see them. It gives nothing away.

And don't worry about our sun turning into a supernova, it's too small for that :P

Which is exactly the reason we can't see them. It gives nothing away.

And don't worry about our sun turning into a supernova, it's too small for that :P

Exactly.

Yeah thank goodness. All though it will swell up and burn everything on Earth. lol