topics to avoid while playing COD

Theo519

I have a question... is there anything taboo when chatting on server...

I like chatting but when is it too much... when 90% of stuff on screen is NON game related... isnt that bad?

some topics really have people up in arms...

Religion? Sports? Politics (mainly you Americans- As Canadian we just complain about all our politicians equally)

but these topics can get heated fast and I think... if you want to chat about these in depth... go to Xfire or a chat room..

that may be why players DONT understand the rules... they cant see it through all the chatting...

:thanks

If its only for a minute or two i wouldn't see why it would be an issue. But if it continuous for 5-10 minutes then yeah, it needs to be slowed down a bit. When i was using a crappy video card i was playing on 800-600 1024-600 and chat took half the screen up, i couldn't see anything. (I realize not everyone is as cheap as i was)

I wouldn't talk about Religion, sports or poilitics in general because some people act aggressively towards it and it usually ends up in an argument.

Thats my few cents on the subject.

It is my belief that we pride ourselves on the openness of the servers. You're lucky if you get an in-depth convo from the night crew. And I kind of take it upon myself to stimulate convo. Beleive it or not, some guys dont show up to play. They show up to talk. On some nights, I am one of those guys.

Good post. Makes sense to me to avoid those three subjects as it helps keep the balance towards a more positive experience and would also agree too much and the console gets ignored.

School, work, hard days. I know I talk also a lot, but it's easy to ignore and in a few lines that conversation is also over. Otherwise, ask them to continue on xfire :)

Most conversations aren't about CoD4 indeed, but a bit related as far as I see it. Small talk to new possible members for example, or getting a bit up to date if something happened on the forum.

Ow, and indeed never talk about religion and politics. People only want to explain why they're right, not listening why they are wrong :P

Money.............they shouldnt be banned either just for replying to that question and making the statement "because i dont put up with bs" permenantly banned at that.

Its funny how an admin can abuse thier ability and run someone into the ground and instigate conflicts by juvenilistic binds that state (you need a kleenex? or a shoulder to cry on ? , you mad bro ? ) then strip the person of everything when they reply and stick up for themselves...... and make a comment that you and that "admin" should exchange monkiers and they attempt to slam you and antagonize you to death with (say something that makes sense) gee, im sorry Im not on thier 20 year old level and know what a moniker is and they dont...... and then they escalate the situation.

You guys dont take up for anybody here, just let em get ran over by a power tripping admin and let her and her minions run rampant talking about being bi sexual and all that crap, nobody cares if youre a lesbian, bi sexual or straight, just play the freaking game and go on about your business, and nobody wants to hear it every single day on here how you slept with another chick and the next day a guy or whatever.

There is no respect here for anybody, members or not.......the only thing i see is you get a little bit of respect if youre in the "clic" and up someones rear end......especially if you attempt to start acting like them . Theo is even getting ran over it appears to me and he is the most fair, respectful and calmest admin here.

And yes, I told her to stick my tags up her rearend......but when you get slapped in the face by an ego tripper, what else you going to do . And Avaa before you even smart mouth anymore just know...I could care less what you have to say...... youre an inmature 20 (something) year old who has no respect and no concern for anybody else but yourself and your little minions......lemme tell ya somthing just because youre good at a game, doesnt mean youre any better that anybody else in the real world.....it just means you have a better computer.......more than likely that mommy and daddy bought for you.

Money.............they shouldnt be banned either just for replying to that question and making the statement "because i dont put up with bs" permenantly banned at that.

Its funny how an admin can abuse thier ability and run someone into the ground and instigate conflicts by juvenilistic binds that state (you need a kleenex? or a shoulder to cry on ? , you mad bro ? ) then strip the person of everything when they reply and stick up for themselves...... and make a comment that you and that "admin" should exchange monkiers and they attempt to slam you and antagonize you to death with (say something that makes sense) gee, im sorry Im not on thier 20 year old level and know what a moniker is and they dont...... and then they escalate the situation.

You guys dont take up for anybody here, just let em get ran over by a power tripping admin and let her and her minions run rampant talking about being bi sexual and all that crap, nobody cares if youre a lesbian, bi sexual or straight, just play the freaking game and go on about your business, and nobody wants to hear it every single day on here how you slept with another chick and the next day a guy or whatever.

There is no respect here for anybody, members or not.......the only thing i see is you get a little bit of respect if youre in the "clic" and up someones rear end......especially if you attempt to start acting like them . Theo is even getting ran over it appears to me and he is the most fair, respectful and calmest admin here.

And yes, I told her to stick my tags up her rearend......but when you get slapped in the face by an ego tripper, what else you going to do . And Avaa before you even smart mouth anymore just know...I could care less what you have to say...... youre an inmature 20 (something) year old who has no respect and no concern for anybody else but yourself and your little minions......lemme tell ya somthing just because youre good at a game, doesnt mean youre any better that anybody else in the real world.....it just means you have a better computer.......more than likely that mommy and daddy bought for you.

1st off you weren't permabanned because you said "I don't put up with BS" lets get that straight. You were banned because even after I asked you nicely (more than I should have tbh) to drop it you continued on with it, not only that, but you escalated it to disrespecting the leadership of this clan and it's members. Instead of acting like a grown up with dignity you acted like a child who got a spanking and threw a fit which is not tolerated by anyone in this clan.

As for Theo, he is a respected co-leader and one I personally hold in the highest of respects so I don't know where you're getting this crap about him being walked all over but it couldn't be more wrong.

Also, how dare you try to hijack this thread for your own little pity party.

You're welcome to protest your ban, but I seriously doubt you'll get any pity from anyone.

Good riddance.

Have a nice day.

Can we lock this before it gets any more out of hand please?

Edited by GI-JOE

i havent hijacked anything for any type of pity party. I just tell it how i see it. and I sure as heck didnt throw any rage in the server......I said my piece in there and even said, I was done...yet you still banned me. I replied to Moneys question that he asked and that was it.

Gator, I never used my binds to be an ass or anything of that sort. It was just a bad joke, but yet it did show us your real side. You started freaking out. Told me I didn't have a vocabulary, but yet you can't clearly spell. I demoted you because you have been bitching for the past few weeks on how some members " bumped ranks " I'm sorry, but you were not level 11 for a reason. There's no place for jealousy in this clan.

Also do I have to show all the ss of you insulting me badly? You tell me I'm not mature, lol? I NEVER disrespected you.

You are banned and will stay. If you bring more of this shit on forums I'll make sure you'll be banned here too.

EDIT: Oh and BTW I'm 26 and I can buy my own things.I don't need mommy or daddy and my computer sucks :)