Money Pit

abnerdog

A very good friend did home improvements for a living and asked me one day to help him tear off an old deck and put a new one up. The house was in a row of townhomes with access in the back. We got to the job site drove around back and counted down the houses until we came to the customers home. We went to town tearing off the old deck and were about 3/4s of the way done with the tear off when the door opened to the deck of the next house and there was the customer asking what we were doing. We had misscounted the homes and tore off the wrong deck. Luckly the owners of the home had been thinking of putting up a new deck and agreed to buy the lumber if we provided free labor.

worst ive done is try to put carpet in the 2nd floor only to put a hole thru the floor....as you can tell i never did home improvement before and I never want to try it again. lol.

Every time I patch my wooden fence the section right next to it pulls away from the posts and have to patch it. I been around my whole yard 3 times in the past 6 years. If wife would ever get a job again, maybe could get it all replaced.

Speaking of decks, there was a rotted post that needed replacing because the dirt had piled over the footing. So I used a cylinder form for the new post which was higher than I needed and intended to only fill part way. Well I got distracted talking to a friend and filled the form up to the top, you’re supposed to nail supports if you want an above ground pylon and I didn't.

Needless to say the thing started to lean over and here I am on a hill wrestling with concrete trying to keep it level. Concrete 1 me 0. It’s all fixed now but I learned a lot that day.

I had a project making a boat but miscalculated the size and was short of the dimension so I decided to make a wooden chair but again made an error. I thought making a wooden toy car for my boy would be a good idea but then again I made a mistake in the measurement, so I ended up making a toothpick.

Some years ago I worked at a cemetery. we got the order to remove a grave-stone from a grave. But my partner has twisted the numbers. the idiot. Thank God we only removed the stone, not the grave.

I know such a thing should not happen. and I wasnt the one who did this shit.

But I still have nightmares from the owner of the grave. :o

i must tell the story cauz we used a huge excavator haha

Speaking of decks, there was a rotted post that needed replacing because the dirt had piled over the footing. So I used a cylinder form for the new post which was higher than I needed and intended to only fill part way. Well I got distracted talking to a friend and filled the form up to the top, you’re supposed to nail supports if you want an above ground pylon and I didn't.

Needless to say the thing started to lean over and here I am on a hill wrestling with concrete trying to keep it level. Concrete 1 me 0. It’s all fixed now but I learned a lot that day.

Learned alot or leaned alot? LOL