• Snowboarding
    • Skiing
    • Other
    • Nothing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy both for different reasons. If it's icy or I have alot of terrain to traverse, I'll opt for skis. If it's steep, powder or large jumps I prefer snowboarding. I've only recently started skiing on occasion. I've been snowboarding since 89/90. I don't have any recent pics of me actually riding. Myself, or anyone I ride with won't stop for someone to set up on a jump. I'd rather ride.

If anyone is wondering what the recent riding conditions were like @ Lake Tahoe this past weekend...heres what it looked like.

These are the stairs to the condo

vnyqza.jpg

This was a truck after 2 days worth of storms

2yvtjqw.jpg

This was a old truck that was parked prior to the storms.

b6sq5c.jpg

Shitty pic of my goggles taken with my phone

apcuq.jpg

If anyone in on the F|A forums has a splitboard...I'd be interested in their opinion. I'm tempted to get one since I'm leaning more towards back-country riding over resort riding these days.

• Administrators

Skiing all the way. I snowboard as well but I am not a snowboardfag. Snowboardfag is a person that takes forever to get on the lift, falls down when getting off, and has no consideration for other people on the run.

Yeah man, well my Canadian homies to the north are likely not loving it up in British Columbia. There's a very cold storm coming down the western coast thats supposed to drop another 4-7 (~1-2 meters) feet of snow around the Lake Tahoe area and even bring snow to much lower elevations, like possibly San Fransisco and Sacramento. Likely it won't, but the news sure like to hype it up.

Prime avalanche time though for backcountry riding. <_<

i am a snowball fight pro! does that count? :lol:

Not if you throw snowballs like you play ET. Then I wouldn't exactly call it "pro". Rather...well make up your mind :)