Server won't connect or even appear (hack suspect)

HOSSAM

I would suggest downloading ET: Legacy as well and - importantly - not to import your profile or any other files from your 2.60b install at first, clean slate.

Does joining Jay 1 then work?

• Like 2
  • 100 1

47 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

can u screen shot whats in your etmain folder.  pm it to me. also forgot .  what  are you running etl or et2.60b?  you may need to uninstall et reinstall it a diff way then u did. an what o/s are you running. and OS is windows 10

I dunno how to pm here, it's hard to navigate 😅 here you go 👇 I already reinstalled everything yesterday. The version I'm on is 2.60 as ZAZA said

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

I would suggest downloading ET: Legacy as well and - importantly - not to import your profile or any other files from your 2.60b install at first, clean slate.

Does joining Jay 1 then work?

ok will try it and tell you rn

Edited by HOSSAM

19 minutes ago, ZaZa said:

Have You downloaded the Win32 installer?

I downloaded succesfully from etlegacy.com and unfortunately the same problem still exists :( can etkey have anything to do with that or is it unlikely?

• Platinum VIP
2 minutes ago, HOSSAM said:

I downloaded succesfully from etlegacy.com and unfortunately the same problem still exists :( can etkey have anything to do with that or is it unlikely?

I would think not. Do you run a VPN? 

j1.bat

might be out of the blue, but is your connection to jay1 in general ok?

try to run that batch file j1.bat 

, it will resolve in a cmp prompt showing your network connection towards jay1 aka recruiting.

if ping and tracert are successfull, your connection should be fine, and we know wether to focus on the program or your connection.

let me know how it went.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Leader
5 hours ago, Vice86 said:

My browser was suspicious of this file, but I got it to download anyway.  😄

It contains entirely safe commands. 

tracert jay1.clan-fa.com
ping jay1.clan-fa.com
pause

When the batch-file pauses, you can do a ctrl-A and press the spacebar.  That will copy the results to the clipboard and you can then paste into a j1-resuls.txt file to share them, if need be.

NOTE:  the ping command might not work in the future. 

• Leader

8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I would think not. Do you run a VPN? 

8 hours ago, HOSSAM said:

no

I confirm that.  We had thought of that, too.

If a VPN/Proxy is detected, then the server will respond with a "banned" message, but really means the IP is banned, not the player.

I would double-check that statement right now, but my own VPN is FUBAR ATM for some cursed reason.  (Spent 2.5 hours on the problem early this morning. ACK! :mad:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vice86 said:

j1.bat 54 B · 3 downloads

might be out of the blue, but is your connection to jay1 in general ok?

, it will resolve in a cmp prompt showing your network connection towards jay1 aka recruiting.

if ping and tracert are successfull, your connection should be fine, and we know wether to focus on the program or your connection.

let me know how it went.

sorry I can't download this file due to some security issues, but we're going somewhere so please provide more solutions, I'm guessing we're getting close. anyway, connection to jay1 was fine as far as I know  

• Leader
13 minutes ago, HOSSAM said:

I can't download this file due to some security issues,

You can create your own "j1.bat.txt" file and copy the lines from below into it

tracert jay1.clan-fa.com
ping jay1.clan-fa.com
pause

Save the file and then rename it to remove the ".txt" at the end and then you can run it as Vice had intended.  Your security might still give you cautions, but you can ignore them.  

See my post 23 minutes before this one....

• 100 1

he said 2.60  well it must be 2.60b or it isnt going to work right.

there is a packet in your etmain that should not be there .  .......................................................pk3.  my pc saves these to a diff folder not my etmain. maybe try deleting this pk3. 

i run et 2.60b also i have diff install for legacy.  why does everyone always say just install legacy. thats not going to always fix problems! my self i dont care for legacy it feels slowmotion to easy for me.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
27 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

he said 2.60  well it must be 2.60b or it isnt going to work right.

there is a packet in your etmain that should not be there .  .......................................................pk3.  my pc saves these to a diff folder not my etmain. maybe try deleting this pk3. 

i run et 2.60b also i have diff install for legacy.  why does everyone always say just install legacy. thats not going to always fix problems! my self i dont care for legacy it feels slowmotion to easy for me.

That's weird, I have both also and ETL seems more smooth and fluid to me

I removed this pk3 file from the 2.60 one but still same problem. I have both ETL and 2.60 installed now and trying your solutions on both. Not sure it's 2.60 or 2.60b though

Edited by HOSSAM