Server won't connect or even appear (hack suspect)

HOSSAM

Hello guys, PLEASE HELP :(
Yesterday 21th Feb I tried to join Jay 1 server or F|A Hardcore server as I normally do on daily basis, but they won't connect! they timeout. These servers do not appear even in servers list to me! The problem still persists to this moment.
Also there is a weird server appeared in the servers list called (FK F|A KLAN) of course I can't say the F word, it appeared to me like 4 times! see the screenshot below
I tried to reinstall the game but nothing changed

Note: I can join Beginners and jay2 servers normally

Screenshot (6).png

Edited by HOSSAM
  • Like 3

• Leader
1 hour ago, HOSSAM said:

(FK F|A KLAN)

Thanks.  We are aware of that "server".  It appears to the a "home server" using the IP of a Trouble Player.  It might be "disappearing form the master browser soon. 😄 

I will go to Jay#1 and HC see what your records might say there and to confirm that I can connect to them.  I can see that Jay#1 has many humans on it and the HC has the normal number of 'bots right now...

ADDED:  the red&white  HO$$AM name was last seen on Jay#1 on 20 Feb at 17:17 server time.  (same IP as here).

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Thanks.  We are aware of that "server".  It appears to the a "home server" using the IP of a Trouble Player.  It might be "disappearing form the master browser soon. 😄 

I will go to Jay#1 and HC see what your records might say there and to confirm that I can connect to them.  I can see that Jay#1 has many humans on it and the HC has the normal number of 'bots right now...

Well, that's weird that it is my first time seeing that server while having this problem 😅 ok will be awaiting your response, I haven't joined HC for quite a while but it appears that the same problem applies to it as well so I mentioned it

• Leader
8 minutes ago, HOSSAM said:

haven't joined HC for quite a while

I don't see any records of you your name or your current IP on HardCore at all.

You can test the problem by trying to connect to other FA servers and to other Clans' servers.

ADDED"  One Ho$$AM name was on jay#2 an hour ago https://et.trackbase.net/player/3197570/

I will compare the info found there.

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 2

I don't see any records of you your name or your current IP on HardCore at all.

You can test the problem by trying to connect to other FA servers and to other Clans' servers.

Other servers work just fine, whether they are F|A like those which appear in the screenshot up above or any other one that appears in the servers list. I tried it.
HC does not have any records maybe because I changed the etkey. but anyway let's focus on JAY1

• Like 1

Have you tried connecting to the servers in question by typing in their IP address? Here you can find the IP addresses of all the FA servers.

Either click in the server browser on "Connect to IP" or type into the console the /connect command. In case of Jay 1 this would look like this:

/connect 135.148.137.185

• 100 1

• Leader

Still no record of you on HardCore, via Jay#2 W:ET, alias, or current IP.  

This is the limit of what I can search for.  Perhaps someone else can help you. :( 

I told the admins on Jay#1 about your problem, such as "Lt. Steiner😄  Perhaps they might see something intheir console when you try to connect there.

4 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

typing in their IP

That is a thought.  We have had some trouble with the TBS and GameTracer sites after the Servers were moved to another provider.

I always use the Domain Name, such as /connect jay1.clan-fa.com  or /connect hc.clan-fa.com

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

That is a thought.  We have had some trouble with the TBS and GameTracer sites after the Servers were moved to another provider.

Exactly my thought. If connecting via IP works, then we know the issue lies with the server list that Hossam gets from the master server and is not an issue between his client and our game server.

I just checked both with Legacy and 2.60b, with my profile and a newly created one without any servers saved as favorites, and on the server list the master server sends me I can see all active FA servers. Makes me wonder why Hossam seems to get an incomplete version of the server list.

• 100 3

10 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

Exactly my thought. If connecting via IP works, then we know the issue lies with the server list that Hossam gets from the master server and is not an issue between his client and our game server.

I just checked both with Legacy and 2.60b, with my profile and a newly created one without any servers saved as favorites, and on the server list the master server sends me I can see all active FA servers. Makes me wonder why Hossam seems to get an incomplete version of the server list.

Hello Steiner. Unfortunately, connecting via IP does not work either :(  It just keeps loading forever as well

Edited by HOSSAM
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOSSAM said:

Unfortunately, connecting via IP does not work either :( 

This makes things a bit more difficult but we'll solve it sooner or later.

1. Do you use an anti-virus software? If so, can you check whether the IP address of the Jay 1 got blocked/blacklisted? Improbable, but stranger things have happened.
  2. Do you try connecting to Jay 1 after you had played on a server with a different mod? I have often the issue that jumping from one server running one mod to another server running another mod doesn't work. Therefore I usually close down the game and start it again when I want to hop from, say, Silent 1 to Jay 1.

21 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

This makes things a bit more difficult but we'll solve it sooner or later.

1. Do you use an anti-virus software? If so, can you check whether the IP address of the Jay 1 got blocked/blacklisted? Improbable, but stranger things have happened.
  2. Do you try connecting to Jay 1 after you had played on a server with a different mod? I have often the issue that jumping from one server running one mod to another server running another mod doesn't work. Therefore I usually close down the game and start it again when I want to hop from, say, Silent 1 to Jay 1.

1. It seems unlikely no.
2. for that reason I reinstalled the whole game and of course removed all mods. but still problem persists

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

can u screen shot whats in your etmain folder.  pm it to me. also forgot .  what  are you running etl or et2.60b?  you may need to uninstall et reinstall it a diff way then u did. an what o/s are you running.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1