Server won't connect or even appear (hack suspect)

HOSSAM

1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

he said 2.60  well it must be 2.60b or it isnt going to work right.

there is a packet in your etmain that should not be there .  .......................................................pk3.  my pc saves these to a diff folder not my etmain. maybe try deleting this pk3. 

i run et 2.60b also i have diff install for legacy.  why does everyone always say just install legacy. thats not going to always fix problems! my self i dont care for legacy it feels slowmotion to easy for me.

I downloaded the file and replaced exe files with those patched ones and still same problem :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vice86 said:

j1.bat 54 B · 3 downloads

might be out of the blue, but is your connection to jay1 in general ok?

try to run that batch file j1.bat 

, it will resolve in a cmp prompt showing your network connection towards jay1 aka recruiting.

if ping and tracert are successfull, your connection should be fine, and we know wether to focus on the program or your connection.

let me know how it went.

Just tried the script and no both commands are unsuccessful. this is so weird 🤨 tracert timesout and pinging is unsuccessful

• Thanks 1
  • Surprise 1

• Leader
2 hours ago, HOSSAM said:

pinging is unsuccessful

You got a result like this?  

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping blah.com

Pinging blah.com [189.113.174.199] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

(I didn't know there was a blah.com before I did that test! 😮 ) 

Some sites and server refuse to 'reply' to ping requests, but Jay#1 did reply to my "ping jay1.clan-fa.com" okay, when I entered the command into a cmd-box.  I did not 'run as admin' to get this result.

Pinging jay1.clan-fa.com [135.148.137.185] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 135.148.137.185: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=39
Reply from 135.148.137.185: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=39
Reply from 135.148.137.185: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=39
Reply from 135.148.137.185: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=39

Ping statistics for 135.148.137.185:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 80ms, Maximum = 88ms, Average = 82ms

• Leader

I did a tracert to that blah.com (in Brazil) and only got one ICMP reply after it left my Comcast-ISP network.

Both the ping and tracert commands use the ICMP protocol.  If a site is set to not reply, you might get results like this.  BTW, my browser could not connect to Blah.com, which seems to be a service provider with proxy status. 😄 

6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11   199 ms   200 ms   197 ms  177-185-5-254.rev.ascentynet.com.br [177.185.5.254]
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I am not sure that the ICMP request actually took 30 hops.  I have seen some "bounce around" inside of an organization.  😄 

BTW, I tried a tracert to HOSSAM's IP and got this result.

7    18 ms    20 ms    19 ms  be-2211-pe11.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.33.6]
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9    21 ms    21 ms    19 ms  be3271.ccr41.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42.101] // Los Angeles, USA //
 10    31 ms    31 ms    31 ms  be2931.ccr31.phx01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.85]
 11    45 ms    45 ms    45 ms  be2979.ccr21.elp02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.218]
 12    52 ms    52 ms    51 ms  be3850.ccr41.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.53]
 13    64 ms    64 ms    64 ms  be2687.ccr41.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28.69]
 14    81 ms   107 ms    79 ms  be2112.ccr41.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.157]
 15   159 ms   159 ms   159 ms  be2331.ccr31.bio02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.85.242]
 16   166 ms   165 ms   165 ms  be3077.ccr31.mrs02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.39.226]  // France //
 17   208 ms   208 ms   208 ms  149.11.240.114      // France //
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19   212 ms   214 ms   211 ms  host-156.213.1.0-static.tedata.net [156.213.0.1]  // Cairo //
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

5 hours ago, HOSSAM said:

Just tried the script and no both commands are unsuccessful. this is so weird 🤨 tracert timesout and pinging is unsuccessful

assuming you live in egypt (based on redbeards tracert), and knowing you can´t even ping the server you want to connect to,

it is clear evidence that it is NOT your program version, nor your pk3 files in your folder. (deleting all the pk3 files still won´t do no harm).

for now you can use a VPN to see if it works as a workaround,

a VPN should be capable of finding a new route through the internet, to navigate you towards your designated server Jay1.

If that is successful, it might be most likely your Internet provider you wanna talk to.

The results of that ping and tracert would still ne nice to see.

just do a screenshot with the windows build in snipping tool and post the picture here.

• 100 1

• Leader
1 hour ago, Vice86 said:

The results of that ping and tracert would still ne nice to see.

He could PM them to one of us, so that his IP is not exposed to the public.

Vice, that was a Very Good Idea that you had!  It was wise of you to make that batch file to help, instead of trying to explain how a player could do it themselves!  😄  (I wonder if you could have used a 'pipe' to put the results into a text file.  I am forgetting the DOS commands that I once knew).

I do remember a time when I could not connect to Jay#1.  I then discovered that LeftWingVixen could not connect, either.  I found that she was also using the Comcast ISP, so I thought it just might be us West Coast users, but then found other Comcast users around the USA who could not connect to Jay#1.

DareDevil had work with Comcast and the jay#1 host provider to find the solution.

There is nothing special in the tracert or the ping outputs. it's just the same as redbaird pinging me (some hops and then requets timeout for the rest of 30 hops) and pinging timeouts. I'm not sure I could use a VPN because here in egypt we have some restrictions on protocols loke IPSec for example. VPNs are like prohibitied here 😄 

Guys, for whatever reason, it is working right now 🤷‍♂️ apparently ETL is working and 2.60 or 2.60b aren't! also I think my etkey was the problem because it works without it and the problem comes back if I use it! so I totally removed my etkey (I don't care about the xp really) and generated a new one and it is now working fine. 2.60 and 2.60b do not work in any case though. I will not close the topic as solved until maybe someone has an explanation better than me. thank you guys for helping ❤️