ET with win10 or 11?

Tukkonen
Go to solution Solved by Snuffs99,

Does anyone have any experience if the 2.60b client works better in 10 or 11? I'm getting new computer and thinking witch one i should install.

• Like 1

ETlegacy is better option than 6b, if you havent tried it yet.I only use win 10, so cant say which is better.

• Like 3

• Solution

I have both 2.60b and legacy installed on windows 11, never had any issue with either and both work just as well as each other my end.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Okay, thanks for answers! I usually use legacy, but sometimes on my current computer i get lags on legacy so need to use 2.60b. think i'll go 11 then 👍

• 100 1

I am using both 2.60b and Legacy on W11.
On few occasions with a lot of happening in the game the 2.60b has been giving small stutters that partially got better with /r_primitives 2. However that didn't completely remove those.
These kind of stutters haven't happened at all on Legacy. Would suggest W11 anyway due to receiving updates very likely for a longer period.

• Like 1

I use ET legacy on Win 10 since 4 years and it works fine. I do not experience lag problems. I experience rendering problem that are easily solved with /reconnect.

Win 10 will be supported up to 2025. So using it is still correct.

I suggest ET legacy since it is supported. ET 2.60b is not supported anymore since many years but still works fine.

About /r_primitives, it has been removed in ET legacy. The developpement team said it was unused so no code behind it.

Gengis

• Like 1

I have ET on Windows 11 & it works perfectly. I've never had an issue. I've even had to re-install ET a few times & transfer over my etkey & everything worked perfectly.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Just updated to Windows 11 on one of my machines a couple of days ago. Did not notice a difference in ET or any other game so far, everything working as it should.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blunt said:

Both work fine for ET, it's a very old game.  Tom's had a some benchmarks with various games, I didn't spot any using the Q3 engine.  My take away was it's negligible for most games.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/graphics-performance-win10-vs-win11

It's okay, i only play ET. Just wanted to know if 2.60b works with it too. (as previously i had to use it sometimes due lag in legacy, and 2.60b didn't have it)

• Platinum VIP

I use ETL on Archlinux and 2.60b on Win 11, no problems, other than a few mouse settings that I have to change when I switch from each OS