Back in enemy territory

Bynke

Hi

i have been playing for the last couple of days. The last time i played this great game was in 2005/2006. Great to be back and see that the game is still somewhat alive. Not like it was unbelieveably 20 years ago. Its very strange to think when i first played the game in 2003 i was 20 years old now im 41. Holy shit. Time surely move fast but luckily a great game like Wolfenstein Enemy territory still attracts players and stays a wonderful game to have fun with.

Im gonna try to get into the game a bit again. Which will take some time:P I have always been crap at the game but all the stuff like writing configs, navigating mods and good servers vs bad servers has always been and remains challenging for this game. so i have a couple of questions.

I like most elements of jaymod and silent but not all elements and i have some personal preference for whats a good server why is so hard to get on a server and not run into heavy weapon restrictions so much. its sometimes really hard to find a server and actually play the class immediately that you like. i play soldier. mostly or engineer. Sucky aimer rigth here need by noob nades thx😁

Theres one thing that has changed a lot in 20 years the amount of maps are there a way to get an overview of which are used on servers mostly. Can someone give me some recommendations on keeping some order to my enemy territory download folders. it can frustrate me to get a lot of unwanted watermarks and other download content. How can i better keep order in that. Can i go into my folder and delete stuff and hopefully get rid of that crap thing like a watermark and then be rid of it ingame. Can i safely fix unintended downloads in a quickfix way that doesnt crash Enemy territory. I know i can setup the game to not allow downloads. i actually want that. But be able to qiuickly get rid of unwanted things. What do you guys do any good tips. 

I have a lot more of questions but im gonna stop now. Hope to see someone in game and maybe even some old timers from Denmark/netherlands/finland/sweden/norway. Who knows.😁im still using the same ingame name as i did 20 years ago. Who knows could be a lot of fun. Do you have some server recommendations. Maybe some that doesnt limit to much on heavy weapons and im actually a bit cold on servers where i keep my xp forever.

• Like 7
  • 100 1

Hello!

First, try using the ETLegacy client. It solves many problems you may encounter. Use 32bit. It is not only compatible with ETpro.

https://www.etlegacy.com/

If you get ETL your downloaded stuff will be in:

C:\Users\%userprofile%\Documents\ETLegacy

From there you can delete anything, or even delete whole ETLegacy folder. But remember to keep your etkey or other GUID for silent or nitmod.

All maps go in etmain/dlcache so you can download a bundle and put them there so you won't need to download during map change.

12 minutes ago, Bynke said:

is so hard to get on a server and not run into heavy weapon restrictions so much.

Come see how you like it on NQ1. For a soldier, it will probably be the best server, because in addition to powerful flamethrowers or bazookas, we also have venom, which is also great to play.

Anyway, see you in the game! Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Hey, Welcome back ot ET and welcome to our servers and site. I hope you enjoy your time with us. Yes i remember when i was first time playing ET. It was with my best friend. We played together in same PC. I was mouse and he was moving/reloating etc.. And then in other map, i was moving and he was mouse. We was usually engineers with Garand/nates. It was a lot fun. I was kid then, 15-16 year when played ET first time. In my chilhood never played at home because we wasnt allowed to be in internet when i was kid. PC cost like 10 000 finnish mark (1681€ in current rate). It was a lot for our family, father pay that pc 5 year. But yes ET is still alive, doing well comparated to some other olde games. Our members doing awesome job to keep our servers alive, popular and happy place come to play. We keep our servers troller/cheater free so its place where friends can play and have a fun. Maybe you could someday put apply, if you get some friends from our servers and referrals to your apply.

There is several servers where you can join. I recommend you to test and find your favorite. I been playing Jay2 since joining to clan back 2012. I had some breaks now and then, but i always find myself back to ET and FA. From past 11 years i had a lot great memories and got a lot great friends from here FA clan and i hope you can find enjoyment and friends when you play in our servers.

On your questions, i am just gamer and ppls guy, not know a lot on settings and cfgs etc.. So i cant help you in that area, but there is members like @TomekKromek who can help you and give tips as he just did in post above.

Here is all of our servers https://fearless-assassins.com/enemyterritory-servers.html/

AlHello.thumb.jpg.52041f8e552f88985cd0415e7a581fde.jpg

Edited by von Rantala

10 minutes ago, TomekKromek said:

Hello!

First, try using the ETLegacy client. It solves many problems you may encounter. Use 32bit. It is not only compatible with ETpro.

is this most commonly used. I wanna play what is more alive. So that sounds like a good choice. I will try to download that. Does this replace the original game and is it need to uninstall the old installation. You mentioned maps after legacy. Can i do it in a time saving way. Btw if i should save some of my current folder which maps are best that i hold on to. i am thinking to make a backup now with my configs and maps what about the mod folders can i just copy and paste the folders to a new directory? and avoid having to download again. 

I remember using another browser for servers. i had all seeing eye is that still the best.

Von rantala 

Thanks. Its nice to be back. This game has always been a great game to be part of the community. It was back then still is. 

I dont know if i really have questions on configs i get by. I have done an autoexec. I migth have some config writing questions later on. But it seems like things are coming back to mind pretty fast actually.

I know that i am just gonna play the game the way that i feel is the funniest. I was never very good. And luckily Enemy Territory has always been a game thats able to accomodate. I know that i definetly wont be playing competetively in Enemy Territory again. Luckily Enemy Territory is way more funnier if its just played for fun!!!

I've also been playing 20+ years thus welcome & let me know if you have any further questions/concerns. We can all help you out & I usually play on Jay1 (FA Recruiting XP Save) and Silent. See you on the servers! :D. 

The best servers here r beginners 2 and no quarter the rest is the rest 😅😂😂😂(oli got banned in 3 2 1) now lets be honest all the servers here r great duo the amount off time that all dedicate our time to play and improve it the best way possibel now its up to you to see where you feel more comfortabel to play i love beg2 and nq give it a try sometime see you around and welcome to F|A comunity hope we can help you in anyway see you around

• Like 1

Hey!

Welcome back to ET 😄 and welcome here ^^

58 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

The best servers here r beginners 2 and no quarter the rest is the rest 😅😂😂😂(oli got banned in 3 2 1)

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • 100 1

36 minutes ago, GHARIB said:

Hey!

Welcome back to ET 😄 and welcome here ^^

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

E5OkfmjX0AUdf2E.jpg:large

:hijack

• Haha 2

Hi there welcome back after those years, I recommended to use trackbase instead of all seeing eye I do not think it is still supported or even does exists. Trackbase is still supported and you also can find a lot of player history and stuff. Feel free to try any of our servers but that is pure own preferences. I do play a lot of beg2 since it is always crowded and the avg skill is okay in comparing with other servers 😛. See you on the field mate! If you have any question feel free to contact me. Also playing this game for over 13 years.

Hey welcome to us!  :hi

Dont worry too much about being too good at this game. It can get boring if you pwn the whole server without any trouble 😛

I didnt read all the comments, so sorry if I repeat someone's comment

You can run this to clean your folder from all PK3 files

If wanted a fresh start, Id use a separate ET installation to play on FA servers, since we dont spam the players's folders with all the crap we can find afaik (dunno who does that, but I can imagine some servers do exactly that), and with time let ET download every necessary files to my folder

Thx Arneke, vindstot and everyone else. I think i got most of the stuff working now. I didnt realize trackbase had a server list i was already there for checking out maps. I think all seeing eye could find players aswell is there a function like that on trackbase? Thanks for the pk3 cleaner nice one and it works how exactly?

I played a game on No quarter it was goodgame. I think it was Goldrush, Oasis, Radar, UJE, adlernest, battery, supplydepot and a few others. I like the map school is that on the server aswell, venice rocks too. I was able to play soldier rigth away and i was panzering away everywhere. I dont know if anyone felt that. lol. Whats different about the flamethrower more powerful how.. Everything was good but i would have liked a few more "new" maps. Maybe put in braundorf, beach, frostbite? Do you get to keep your xp forever. Is it possible to drop xp save on some servers? The reason i dont like it is. I prefer the experience of starting over and earning those levels. Kinda part of the xp progression game if you understand;D

Last thing before i shut up. Can anyone share their configs specifically a team selection script and some help to integrate that (ie) put on my own binds. like "F3" pick team and so on.

4 minutes ago, Bynke said:

Whats different about the flamethrower more powerful how

It is set to default settings on NQ I believe but it does more damage than on other servers.

6 minutes ago, Bynke said:

Maybe put in braundorf, beach, frostbite?

Sure. You can always give your suggestions here:

8 minutes ago, Bynke said:

Is it possible to drop xp save on some servers?

!resetmyxp on most servers or on all of them.