ET Jay #1 jay`

bigbro

hey guys im having trouble getting on to jay1 it loads but then quits the game and goes back to the windows screen i have tried deleting the jaymod folder but it doesnt work anyone got any ideas 

• Leader

The jay#1 records show that you were there some 6 minutes ago, with your multi-colored name and level 6 admin.

That should mean that you were "fully connected" to it.

2 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

The jay#1 records show that you were there some 6 minutes ago, with your multi-colored name and level 6 admin.

That should mean that you were "fully connected" to it.

yeah i can connect but then game quits i will try again

just tried i can load the game screen but then it kicks me back to windows screeen i can connect  fully to any other fa server 

1 hour ago, bigbro said:

hey guys im having trouble getting on to jay1 it loads but then quits the game and goes back to the windows screen i have tried deleting the jaymod folder but it doesnt work anyone got any ideas 

have any screenshots of the error?

1 hour ago, bigbro said:

I have encountered this problem several times. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

i connect to the server and it sends me back to windows desktop.  sometimes it does the same thing 10 times but finally i log into the server.

I found the solution as follows.
I connected to bg2 server and it sent me to windows desktop, then I connect to jay2 or other servers without any problem and from there I go to BG2 server.

This is what I did when faced with the same problem.

14 minutes ago, LuCkY*13 said:

have any screenshots of the error?

it does not give an error, the game closes and sends it to the windows desktop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mehmet said:

I have encountered this problem several times. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

i connect to the server and it sends me back to windows desktop.  sometimes it does the same thing 10 times but finally i log into the server.

I found the solution as follows.
I connected to bg2 server and it sent me to windows desktop, then I connect to jay2 or other servers without any problem and from there I go to BG2 server.

This is what I did when faced with the same problem.

it does not give an error, the game closes and sends it to the windows desktop.

as least im not the only one to have this issue 

• Like 2

Hunkmegs can't be set in config: Add to command line(target) of ET Shortcut: " +set com_hunkMegs “192” +set com_zoneMegs “32” +set com_soundMegs “48”

Run ET as Admin: ET Shortcut, Properties, Compatability: Run as Admin(Once)

Edited by Buckwild
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Buckwild said:

Hunkmegs can't be set in config: Add to command line(target) of ET Shortcut: " +set com_hunkMegs “192” +set com_zoneMegs “32” +set com_soundMegs “48”

Run ET as Admin: ET Shortcut, Properties, Compatability: Run as Admin(Once)

im not sure what u mean on this sorry 

I have encountered the same issue with Jay 1 as well: Game loads and while the game is still on the loading screen, the game task closes and I get thrown back onto the desktop without an error message.

As @mehmet said, what helps is connecting to a Silent server prior to connecting to a Jaymod server. Then the game loads normally.

Using ET Legacy v2.80.2, didn't have that problem with any older version of ETL.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

I have encountered the same issue with Jay 1 as well: Game loads and while the game is still on the loading screen, the game task closes and I get thrown back onto the desktop without an error message.

As @mehmet said, what helps is connecting to a Silent server prior to connecting to a Jaymod server. Then the game loads normally.

Using ET Legacy v2.80.2, didn't have that problem with any older version of ETL.

i will try that tomorrow its good to know im not theb only one 

10 hours ago, bigbro said:

ofc you have stop killing me so mutch 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• Leader

I wonder if you could try loading the Jaymod mod before joining a server.  Start the game, open the menu and load jaymod, as if you were going to watch a demo. :hmm 

I have had similar problems in the past, but they did not happen every time I tried to connect.  I have had the same "dumped to desktop" on silent servers, too.  It might happen several times a week, back then.  I have not had that issue for years.  I always suspected that a background process was interfering with ET somehow but could find no clues at all. 

The silent crash logs were of no help, nor was the etconsole.log, nor the Windows logs.  The Windows Reliability Monitor would just say, "stopped working", with no additional information.

I had also suspected the graphics system, but 🤷‍♂️  

I wonder if you could try loading the Jaymod mod before joining a server.

I just realized that you could also try loading the silent mod before trying to join Jay#1.

Edited by RedBaird
afterthought
  • Like 2