Yaku's overhaul adventures

yaku

What you do looks very beautiful :)

Do you do it all by yourself? (I found the answer for that) Do you make both the plan and the execution? How long does it take to finish a full renovation?

And why did you choose this job? :)

• Like 1

Just now, Vindstot said:

Do you make both the plan and the execution?

Depends on investors. Sometimes they have projects, so I rely on that, sometimes they just tell what should be done, how they see it and we try to meet their expectations, and sometimes they ask for advice and basically rely on our experience making just final decisions with things like color of walls etc. 😄

4 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

How long does it take to finish a full renovation?

It really depends on a lot of factors like weather, before-work wall condition, amount of work etc. For example last wall I posted here took like 4 days of real work, but overall it took 2 weeks, cause we had to wait for the previous stages to dry. This wooden panels took me like 8h of work, but same story, took like 3 days cause I have to wait. Fireplace took like 2 days but it was done over the course of a week. We try to plan our work so we do not have to wait doing nothing :)

26 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

And why did you choose this job? :)

I tried a lot of things and this is fun and not boring, cause you can do something different every time. I'm less tired after 10h of this job than I was after 8h of sitting in front of desk. :D. And I can be boss for myself :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yaku said:

Sometimes they have projects, so I rely on that

But if they have a very bad idea, and you have a better idea, do you try to talk some sense into them? 😛

25 minutes ago, yaku said:

It really depends on a lot of factors like weather, before-work wall condition, amount of work etc. For example last wall I posted here took like 4 days of real work, but overall it took 2 weeks, cause we had to wait for the previous stages to dry. This wooden panels took me like 8h of work, but same story, took like 3 days cause I have to wait. Fireplace took like 2 days but it was done over the course of a week. We try to plan our work so we do not have to wait doing nothing :)

Ah, so while you cant continue working on something, then you do something else on the same project.

I learned something about that, that you have a start point, and have a path, for all the things you have to have done, and you have a critical path, on which you have to work whenever you can, otherwise everything will be delayed

27 minutes ago, yaku said:

I tried a lot of things and this is fun and not boring, cause you can do something different every time.

Creativity and not having a monotonous job is important. I cant see myself doing the same 1 thing all the time for 8 hours long :)

3 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

But if they have a very bad idea, and you have a better idea, do you try to talk some sense into them? 😛

Only if that's about constructive side, never visible/decorative thing. In the end investor is the one who will live there, not me, so they have to be happy with results 😄

5 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

Ah, so while you cant continue working on something, then you do something else on the same project.

I learned something about that, that you have a start point, and have a path, for all the things you have to have done, and you have a critical path, on which you have to work whenever you can, otherwise everything will be delayed

Exactly like that. But let's be honest, it's usually delayed anyway 😛

• Thanks 1

Your work is very nice and tidy but your photos are sloppy, are you using these for showing your work online? I'll give you a tip, keep your phone straight up and level so that all the vertical lines are parallel to the sides of your picture. It's not always possible to fit everything in your photo and you'll have to tilt up or down and that's ok. Bottom line is try to find a good angle (think about your composition i.e. what you want to show in your picture) and remember to keep that camera parallel to what you're photographing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, PHNTM said:

are you using these for showing your work online?

No, I already have work planned for next year wirhout it but thank you very much for advices!

• 2 months later...

me an you  could make some$$$$  working together. its not a job if u have fun and love it.loved the fireplace remodel.  and trimin them walls out  looked like fun!!! those steps  looked interestingf what product did u use to recoat em?

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

me an you  could make some$$$$  working together. its not a job if u have fun and love it

We can talk about making some business, haha 😄

11 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

those steps  looked interestingf what product did u use to recoat em?

The stairs are covered with 2 cm thick polystyrene to straighten them with something light. Then the polystyrene is lightly sanded and covered with cement glue with a reinforcing mesh, primed and put on silicone plaster with pebbles of different gradation (here 1.5 mm), which can be bought here in buckets like that: Tynk-silikonowy-Acrylit-SL.png

For some technical terms I used translator so I hope it's understandable 😄

• Like 2

20 hours ago, yaku said:

We can talk about making some business, haha 😄

The stairs are covered with 2 cm thick polystyrene to straighten them with something light. Then the polystyrene is lightly sanded and covered with cement glue with a reinforcing mesh, primed and put on silicone plaster with pebbles of different gradation (here 1.5 mm), which can be bought here in buckets like that: Tynk-silikonowy-Acrylit-SL.png

For some technical terms I used translator so I hope it's understandable 😄

yes i understood it .lol thanks. ive done sum like that also.. u ever used drazel. amazing stuff.

• Like 1