LIMIT TO RIFLES !!!

Baska

• Administrators

Thing is I am not willing to limit the whole Engineer class. If you guys can show me some way to limit ONLY rifle nade to at max 5-7 per team then i am up for it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how about...till a limit on the amount of rnades is in play...make the bar go down even further after every shot so as to limit the amount of rnades that are 'repeatedly' shot. This cause and effect will cause more players to choose the mp40, because the Rnade will put them at a disadvantage IF they are actually doing engineering. Too many engies out there playing 'Nerds with Guns' and forgetting their still 'Nerds with Pliers'. ATM we can get off 3-4 rounds before running out of 'power'. At 4 stars we have 8 Rnades to begin with...so it does only sound more practical to allow the gun to 'cool' off or 'heat' up (depending on which way you look at things) and have the Rnades last longer. But in return...us Nerds with Pliers want something in return. Since we are engineers, we want free copies of popular mechanics to read while we are spawning B)

• Administrators

Thats doable. Actually in Etpub i can do that and even reduce their damage. I had kept charge bar of engineer a little more because they can fix the objective very fast since medic hardly help engineers. So, before some medic comes and actually back rapes them they can do their one man army job.

But from all post it seems they are using that fast charge bar to camp around and throw rifle nades. Probably I will reduce the engineer charge bar on all servers so that they can't spam it. But then again it would require more team work to complete objective.

I would like see opinions of other players.

1. Make charge bar less so they can't keep rifle nade fast. -- Use this for few days and see how it goes?

2. Limit the class to 30%. So say suppose their are 10 players on team 3 are allowed as engineer. Considering 20 players on one team 6 can be engineers? -- I don't prefer this one. LOL

I liked the idea of only hitting the engie 'IF' they were using the rnade. The power meter would go down faster. This way if the engie is using the mp40 then it wouldn't affect the ability of the engie to get the job done. Yes finding a medic to help on pub is still tough at times. Hence why the union has set up demands for free issues of Popular Mechanics. :lol:

We can limit the class...but also just curious...if the class is limited...and on pub max of 10 players per side...3 engies per side (30 %)... and those 3 engies are not going for objective/doesn't know the objective...then would it be possible as admin to 'become' an engie...or in extreme case move the engie to another profession? Its one thing to limit cov ops and medics...but limiting engies might cause more problems than it solves.

• Administrators

We can limit the class...but also just curious...if the class is limited...and on pub max of 10 players per side...3 engies per side (30 %)... and those 3 engies are not going for objective/doesn't know the objective...then would it be possible as admin to 'become' an engie...or in extreme case move the engie to another profession? Its one thing to limit cov ops and medics...but limiting engies might cause more problems than it solves.

The only reason why I kept saying i don't like to limit engineer class. People thought they are trying and I am neglecting but problem in limiting that class if far and much more. Then it would be all bitching on those engineers get the objective done and i am well aware 60 percent medics just frag.

I personally hate when i am in allies and objective is not getting done. I had always gone after objective. Either axis or allies.

Well that settles it for me...I vote for option A. Limit the charge bar. It will cut down on !rush, and force the team to 'work' towards the objective.

Ya know Dare (evil grin on my face)...seeing as how I usually play engie/rnade...and I am voting to make myself weaker...Can we also do the same for the medic class :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My idea is simple. MEDIC CANNOT HEAL THEMSELVES :D

(I bet i'm going to get alot of hatemail over this one muahahaha)

Sounds fair to me. At 4 stars I can get off 2 shots with a panzer...so 2 shots with the rnade sounds fine to me.

Curious...is there a way to have dyno's that are set by an individual show a timer on them? I like to use them as weapons...especially for defense...but sometimes it can get hard to keep track of the 'time' frames.

As a dedicated engie I must protest against this thread... :hmm

c'mon guys.. engies are the ones that do "practically" everything on a map and you are trying to screw them?? :o

Soldiers.. usually go for mortar (for sprees), panzer (for frags), or MG (cause they are getting owned, so they can sit on the back with a huge weapon)

Field ops.. hardly give any ammo (its all about the massive, overlapping, completely random air strikes)

Medic (rambos.. don't need to say more)

Covert ops (You only see them sniping, even on "not so hot for sniping" maps.. those bastard don't even do objectives that can be done by satchels)

And engineers... one only goes as a engie if he is going for objectives.. now try to get behind the enemy line with 4+ enemies around the obj and you will be

praying for the rifle nade...

of course some do go for the rifle nade just for the frag.. but.. the amount does not even compare to the ones the go for medics just to spwan kill you...

In conclusion..

if the objective is to make the game fair.. and promote more team play... go ahead..

force everybody to play for the team and for the objectives..limit the amout of times a rambo medic can heal himself.. allow only 1 field op in charge of the

air strikes... lime the number of sniping rifles for covops.. :(

but if this thread is just about you bitching about getting owned by engies.. go take a hike.. and think about it next time you are spawn killing.. either by being a medic.. mortar.. or constantly calling air strikes.. :x

• Administrators

but if this thread is just about you bitching about getting owned by engies.. go take a hike.. and think about it next time you are spawn killing.. either by being a medic.. mortar.. or constantly calling air strikes.. :x

LOL u are da man! I will lower the charge bar a little and post here when its done so u guys can have a look.

@Duck. You need dyno timer for it. If you place dyno on objective Etpub will show it on the screen. For random places mostly you will need dyno counter ( extra software ) or just keep an eye on spawn time and use it for 30 sec.

As a dedicated engie I must protest against this thread... :hmm

c'mon guys.. engies are the ones that do "practically" everything on a map and you are trying to screw them?? :o

Soldiers.. usually go for mortar (for sprees), panzer (for frags), or MG (cause they are getting owned, so they can sit on the back with a huge weapon)

Field ops.. hardly give any ammo (its all about the massive, overlapping, completely random air strikes)

Medic (rambos.. don't need to say more)

Covert ops (You only see them sniping, even on "not so hot for sniping" maps.. those bastard don't even do objectives that can be done by satchels)

And engineers... one only goes as a engie if he is going for objectives.. now try to get behind the enemy line with 4+ enemies around the obj and you will be

praying for the rifle nade...

of course some do go for the rifle nade just for the frag.. but.. the amount does not even compare to the ones the go for medics just to spwan kill you...

In conclusion..

if the objective is to make the game fair.. and promote more team play... go ahead..

force everybody to play for the team and for the objectives..limit the amout of times a rambo medic can heal himself.. allow only 1 field op in charge of the

No Rambo meds on a non adren server really...

Often people just spam rifle nade. They don't care about constructing/planting dyno, they just like something that on a non-adren server is the equivalent of a Panzer.

Its a suicide mission trying to kill an enemy mortar when you are running against enemy traffic you need to pop a long distance rifle nade to their ass most of the time. Mortar will usually end up trying to find a new location and readjust to finding their sweet spot on the command map. This buys us more time as a team to get the hell out of our spawn and regroup and push the enemy back.

Rifle nades FTW. Ohhhh and as for objectives...I got nothing to say I just like seeing shit blow up, especially mortars :lol: . Baska, JoeDirt, DocWarren I got a special place in my heart for you guys, and it comes in the shape of a grenade.

In conclusion..

When I was reading this post i just said to myself "hey someone else understands how i feel" because I couldn't have said it and better then you so now all i can say is this: Yeah ok Daredevil its a good idea to lower the meter and test it out but if it doesnt go well then change it back to normal

but remember some of the engineers use rifles for engineer xp because thats how i get engineer xp, and some do the objective and some dont so its half to half and thats why i dont think its a good idea to do this to the engineers

One last thing: I think we should call a vote, you know what i mean like !vote and let everyone decide on the server about it. Hope this got to you

• Administrators

I have increased the time required to fill up charge bar. It should fix the problem of continuous throwing rifle nades.

PS In the end how come medic get more kills then rifle nade/eng players and still they say rifle grenade sucks?