Unusual lag/connection issue

Sometimes when I’m playing I’ll get these weird connection issues. Why I say weird is because I don’t appear to have any connection issues. My lag meter doesn’t show anything at all. What happens is, when I’m playing sometimes my guy will just randomly start moving on it’s own. I’ll be playing and trying to move and my guy moves in his own direction. Sometimes I’ll not even be touching the keyboard or mouse and I’ll just start moving randomly in places. It’s really a drag when I’m laying mines and my guy just decides to walk over 3 mines I just placed. 

It seems to be random when it happens. But sometimes when it happens it will last 3-5 minutes and then just randomly stop. If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be I’m all ears. If I didn’t explain something clear enough please let me know and I’ll elaborate. A couple of ideas I had was obviously internet/connection or possible a program running in the background? I honestly don’t know. Thanks in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Any server does it or a specific one? Silent/NQ/Jay etc?

It happens on all of the servers I play on. It’s not exclusive to any of them. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

1. Post your PC configuration.

2. Share winMTR - 100 packets.

3. Share your lagometer screenshot. 

If you need help with above 3 - on how to get info, let us know.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

7 minutes ago, daredevil said:

1. Post your PC configuration.

2. Share winMTR - 100 packets.

3. Share your lagometer screenshot. 

If you need help with above 3 - on how to get info, let us know.

The screenshot won’t be a problem but I will probably need help with 1 and 2. When it happens I could record a demo of myself and post it. 

11 minutes ago, Lusciousdrunk said:

The screenshot won’t be a problem but I will probably need help with 1 and 2. When it happens I could record a demo of myself and post it. 

1 right click on your PC on desktop then select properties.

2  use this thred.

Demo wise you can do but it will probably only confirm what your saying....BUT it will also show your lagometer etc. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

what keyboard are u using and what o/s i would like to see the demo when it randomly moves is it in straight lines our is ur guy turning crouching . leaning?

are u using 2.60b or legacy?

wow i think this is a first for me in my  13+ year of playing ET i think i really like to see a demo of this one myself xD 

Edited by *Kiba*

On 5/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, *Kiba* said:

wow i think this is a first for me in my  13+ year of playing ET i think i really like to see a demo of this one myself xD 

sounds like keys sticking. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

sounds like keys sticking. 

God I’m embarrassed. That’s exactly what it was. I switched the keyboard the other day and haven’t had an issue since. That’s what I get for letting my kids use my computer 😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol ouch  just take the keys that are sticking and give them a good  rubbing down with some  acp it be fine they should pop out real easy 

• Like 1

• Leader
52 minutes ago, *Kiba* said:

some  acp

"ACP"?  Is that some kind of alcohol, or does it refer to an Automatic Colt Pistol? 

• Leader
36 minutes ago, *Kiba* said:

i meant  ipc 

I am still :?: 

"IPC EAGLE Rub Off The Rub Off is a strong, powder cleanser with an original intent to remove hard water stains from sprinkling systems. It can remove all sorts of stains, including soap …" 

Now I am the One who is sleepy-tired, but I am still curious about your tip.

Edited by RedBaird

42 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

I am still :?: 

"IPC EAGLE Rub Off The Rub Off is a strong, powder cleanser with an original intent to remove hard water stains from sprinkling systems. It can remove all sorts of stains, including soap …" 

Now I am the One who is sleepy-tired, but I am still curious about your tip.

https://www.jpccatalog.com/Products/Alcohol-Isopropyl-99--1-Gallon-Bottle__579-12-670.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic-shopping-pla

• Thanks 1