ET Does anyone feel that Et isn't the same anymore

Dink the Clown

Hi everyone as some of you are aware, I came back a few days ago. Been away for some time due to crazy ass work hours, but as I came back on Jay I find myself wondering what has happened, half the people (FA members, and just regulars) don't even play anymore and above all the same maps maybe one that I haven't seen in a long time, but just seemed just rather boring. Now I realize that maybe our old members and regulars may have just been busy and weren't on the days I have been on, but my biggest issue are those same old boring maps, and I ask myself why do we persist on posting maps and having suggestions for maps on Jay1 or even other severs if we don't even bother changing the maps.  In my opinion, I think we need to really pay attention to some of our players and regulars that are on and listen to them read what they say about some of the maps that are being played. For instance Warbell I for one do like the map but a lot are calling it Borebell in which I find myself laughing and in agreement after the map goes on, then seeing people just log off due to it being boring with a lot of the same maps being played.   As I ramble on about the maps that are on and people getting bored and logging off, I find my self asking this question:. Can we just put some maps that we have not played in a long time or at all I see the suggestions and I see some rather interesting looking ones and they haven't been played.   Now I realize that we don't add some of those maps cause of those silly bots, but I suggest that we try those maps and tell the boys goodbye for a while just to see how things go server population wise.     That is all.  I thank everyone for the time you put into reading this, and please give a fair and honest opinion if you think that what am saying about Jay1 is correct.

Sincerely:

=F|A=Dink the Clown

johnny depp salute GIF

• Like 4
  • 100 4

• Platinum VIP

This is not a new feeling and the maps issue is also not new. I don't know about Jay 1 but I can tell you that on Jay 2, there is a real effort to work on more maps that aren't as overplayed but have been popular in the past or seem like really fun maps that people will hopefully enjoy because they're new, different or bring back memories that have been long buried. As  I went through map lists, I found myself thinking just that several times. Like, "Damn!! I forgot all about that map!!"

Plus, we are talking about a game that's getting closer to being 20 years old!

• Like 2
  • 100 3

• Administrators

Not all maps can be played and hence we provide various servers with different maps. 

I understand your concern but folks need to understand that we add maps based on player population i.e. 20 players, small-medium size map will be loaded. With 40 players, large map will be loaded. 

People are too fast to suggest because they found a map in google without thinking about:

1. Map size.

2. FPS - performance of map

3. Entity related issue

4. Game play - spawn points, spawn kills, exit duration, obj near spawn points, etc etc. 

5. Waypoints

If anyone really wants to help, they should create local server with jaymod, host 64 bot omni bot server to 'partially' simulate gameplay. Then based on the above things, please suggest maps in below format:

supplydepot, 0, 40, -> waypoints available

special_delivery_te, 0, 30, ->  waypoints not available but @Buckwild @BlackWolf or any waypointer help required. 

Now once we have a list we can review it. All we need is good list of 40 maps. People come with 'problem' but only 'few' takes step forward and provide the solution.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

it sure can be stressful . behind the seen dealing with people../players , maps,  issues.  an never getting any gratitude for it. just a bunch a wawa  .i have been slowly losing interest, my self.  for me the maturity level in et has dropped considerably in the last yr .

you ever need a person to talk too / vent too , dink  u can always pm me. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2