ET BEGINNERS #1 Trickplanting in Bremen_final

Sphalman

Hey all,

I'ld like to have your opinion about what I normally see in Bremen_final.

Engies use to trickplant mostly on second barrier, jumping up the wall and planting dyna on the small axis terrace above the barrier, or just up the wall, so bots cannot disarm it.

Is there a way to avoid it? Do u think it's acceptable or should we punish it?

Thanks for your opinion.

There's a plant on that map that not even I know. I've seen it done ONCE in 17 or so years of on and off ET...  It's not to the right of the barrier facing forwards from the allied spawn.... it's not on those buildings , it's to the left... up above those ruins. I have never done it myself and I didn't even try to defuse it.  I've only see it once in all my years.  Of course bawts can't do it... a experienced human engineer would be pressed to even do it... 

For bawts, it's unfair....they can not be expected to get it, it's impossible...  But with human engineers trick plants shouldn't just be allowed, they should be REQUIRED or at least expected. Sometimes a simple plant WONT do.... If teams are tough or there are good engineers on both sides, a simple plant will not save the day always... You need to have a TP  sometimes to win or to move the games forwards.  A good engineer knows MOST TPS because sometimes that's the only thing possible. With a good team a simple planet is EASY to defuse, that's why TPs aren't only necessary sometimes but the ONLY way for the other engineer to get the obj done. Most TPS can be planted just as they can be defused. So they are in fact fair game. A good engineer defuses TPS just as he plants them in most cases.... If a TP is impossible to defuse then it shouldn't be allowed. The only TP that I can think of that is impossible or very difficult to defuse is Oasis the back of the guns...

If anyone disagrees then they have not been a real engineer , have not overcome the impossible and have no business making the rules. Sometimes a TP is ESSENTIAL.  Not allowing TPS for even the more skilled engineer who makes the call, that it's the only way to get the obj, would be ridiculous.  

Edited by spectator

3 minutes ago, spectator said:

If anyone disagrees then they have not been a real engineer , have not over come the impossible and have no business making the rules. Sometimes a TP is ESSENTIAL. 

Trickplanting isnt allowed on our servers!

• Surprise 1

I've done it before, I've seen others do it. Sometimes it's the only way, not allowing it is honestly ridiculous. The plants should not be illegal, because they can be defused in most cases. Only plants that are impossible to defuse should be illegal. I'm sorry but I disagree with this one with every fiber of my engineer heart. If you catch me doing it and wish to persecute me fine, but I've been on your servers over 3 years and have done every trick plant I know and I have seen other engineers do the same. I never had the impression it were illegal. Trick plants do not break any game physics, they are not unfair because they can be defused in most cases as easily as they are planted. Only noob engineers can't handle them both ways...

The only one that I can agree with, that  should be illegal, which is a challenging plant, is OASIS, behind the guns,  because it's near impossible to defuse. 

Edited by spectator
  • 100 1

Dear Mr Spectator, i dont want to repeat myself ,but surely i must. Trickplanting is NOT ALLOWED on our servers and it will lead up to Ban. 

So if u have done it ,then u have been lucky not to get caught . 

And once again . it is BANNABLE.

Trick-planting (places you can plant dyno where it's hard to defuse using single or double jump) is not allowed at any given time

https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

2 minutes ago, Flag said:

Dear Mr Spectator, i dont want to repeat myself ,but surely i must. Trickplanting is NOT ALLOWED on our servers and it will lead up to Ban. 

So if u have done it ,then u have been lucky not to get caught . 

And once again . it is BANNABLE.

Trick-planting (places you can plant dyno where it's hard to defuse using single or double jump) is not allowed at any given time

https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

Not true. The paragraph you used comes from Jay1, and hence it is not applicable to any other server. Trickplanting is allowed on every server OTHER than jay1.

I personally agree and disagree with spectator - if you can plant, you can defuse. No need to call people who don't know trickplants or know how to defuse them noobs, trickplants are mostly utilised to get an easier view for planting team on the dynamite, not exactly to prevent others from defusing it.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

As Xiahou said, the rule only applies for Jay1. Trickplanting is fine on every other server. I do agree with Spectator that trickplanting is pretty much essential for Jay2 on some maps. Goldrush in particular is crazy difficult for allies to get past the barrier due to spawn times but trickplanting above the barrier helps to even it out a bit. Axis still have line of sight to stop the planting and can get up to the dynamite to defuse it.

I'm completely okay with trickplants as long as it's possible to defuse with just 1 person, i.e. not having to stack people like on Oasis guns.

If the issue for you is bots not being able to defuse the dynamite, why are you only relying on bots to do it? Get more engineers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

Not true. The paragraph you used comes from Jay1, and hence it is not applicable to any other server. Trickplanting is allowed on every server OTHER than jay1.

What about a trickjump that lead to trickplant? 

Trickjumps to complete the object are not allowed on some servers, like BEG#1 and BEG#2...so?

On Bremen_final you cannot trickplant if you don't trickjump or doublejump, talking about Jay3 (BEG#1)

• Like 1

Currently, trickplant is only forbidden in Jay1 as it was said before.

My personal opinion is that it’s not really a big issue (in most cases).

I would allow it. The objective is to destroy a gun, a wall, or a barrier. So if you are an engineer, you should plant and make it hard for the other team to disarm it. So it would be more clever to plant where it’s easier to defend the dyna or where it’s a bit harder for other engineers to disarm it (thinking about the bots).

Basically, if an average human player can reach the dyna to disarm it (without using crazy trickjumping or stacking players), I think it’s ok.
Some examples would be: planting dyna on top of the gun in Oasis (inside), planting dyna in the stairs of the second tank barrier in gold rush, planting dyna on top of the right wall at second barrier in Bremen.

54 minutes ago, Flag said:

Good point. That means servers that have rule "No trickjumping to complete object" is also considered not to trickplant.

While I agree that there is a correlation between the two, I don’t think we can conclude that no trickjumping means no trickplanting.

You can trickplant without using trickjumping. So no, it’s not the same rule ^_^ 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
56 minutes ago, Sphalman said:

What about a trickjump that lead to trickplant? 

Trickjumps to complete the object are not allowed on some servers, like BEG#1 and BEG#2...so?

On Bremen_final you cannot trickplant if you don't trickjump or doublejump, talking about Jay3 (BEG#1)

I am fairly sure that the trickjumping rule applies mainly to skipping objectives, like planting the guns on oasis before the wall is blown or planting the fuel dump thing before the tank has blown the gate. Planting on the terrace in Bremen is maybe a bit of a unique case but I would say it only breaks jay1's trickplant rule, not any trickjump rules was have in place.

51 minutes ago, Flag said:

Good point. That means servers that have rule "No trickjumping to complete object" is also considered not to trickplant.

Most trickplants don't require trickjump so more often than not trickplanting would still be allowed :)

• Like 4