FPS drops, performance issues, prehistoric PC?

GwS BadBoy
Go to solution Solved by GwS BadBoy,

Hello friends, is this normal that ET and even google chrome with this forum eats 100% my CPU? Do I have no other choice than buying new processor/PC? It's IC2 Duo 2,66Ghz. Thanks for answer

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by GwS BadBoy

its normal too see one core spike too 100% then it should go back down. et is cpu hog .. but only uses one core. 

if ur cpu stays 100% all da time ..u either have way to many background stuff running or.. u have a virus.

can u make a video of ur problem when your playing. why on that chart  is it not using ur gpu .. did this just start happening????

i use a 550 duelcore amd .3.1 an it will spike when load et then chills down to 50% what are your running processes .

Edited by captnconcrete

It doesn't stay 100% all the time, it's like 1-4% when nothing is running but when i switch on this forum for example or play video on youtube it automatically jumps to 80 or 100%. When ET is on it's 100% all the time.

I think that the CPU-Z programe just doesn't show GPU properly, in GPU-Z it actually shows some GPU usage data.

Here are the processes, hope u meant this:
csdcds.thumb.jpg.5865b7e7d13cdec997522f0c5a8994fa.jpg

Edited by GwS BadBoy

• Leader
55 minutes ago, GwS BadBoy said:

I think this machine is just 2 slow.

I dunno.  I used to play ET on Vista on an HP Laptop with core-2 Duo.  I had to run it low-graphics, but it still played better than the Pentium-4 that I had started ET with.

Yes its quite playable but my goal is to reach stable 125fps which is not happening, mby im too naive.

Anyway, u damn right Gladis, Vista sux xD

Okay i made some progress updating chipset and mobo drivers and so, now both cores are available and visible, CPU usage culminates between 80 - 99% with ET on, which definitely is improvement. FPS still drop but game seems to be more stable. PC also is much faster.

Edited by GwS BadBoy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dark donkey said:

Why dont u try sweet instead of vista 

Sweet is way better and do t use alot of cpu like u have

@GwS BadBoy

And how much y have ram !?

What is this sweet?
4GB RAM, i was thinking about upgrading to win 7/8 but they require 2GB ram while vista only requires 1GB so idk

Edited by GwS BadBoy

18 minutes ago, GwS BadBoy said:

What is this sweet?
4GB RAM, i was thinking about upgrading to win 7/8 but they require 2GB ram while vista only requires 1GB so idk

As i know and many know vidta uses lower ram and cpu requirement but after a while become naughty and slow very slow 

If u do sweet its better for y 

@Dark donkey

Windows 2000 takes less RAM. xD Yes, it's XP 32bit.

It becomes slow because of 400/667/800MHz on memories. After a heavy load on the computer with some game. You need to wait 1 minute for google to turn on.

@GwS BadBoy 

You have to have 3 programs for testing. Mi CPUZ showed 1.51V on the i5 6600. xD What is 1.15V in bios. The programs are cheating.

Duo Core processors have 2 cores. 😎

XP/ Vista/7 - 32/64Bit matters more, because it affects the amount of RAM and other components used.

At 32bit, you won't play other games that need 64bit architecture. 😕

I recommend 😎
E8600, Radeon HD 4850 (512MB 256bit), 3x2GB, Windows XP / 7 32bit,
but you can still get down to 110fps. Cost $ 52

I also recommend the x5450 / e5450 (for the same price you have a much weaker Core2 Quad Qxxx and it draws more power. You'll need a large cooler) with the ASUS P5Q motherboard. Socket LGA 775 is modified to insert the processor 90 degrees. For this you need a bios microcode. People sell such ready-made sets. For this also a GTX 660, 4x2GB 800Mhz, Windows 7 64bit card. Cost $ 116. FPS will be maintained at 125. Additionally, you will play games such as fallout 4, witcher 3, gta 5, farcry 5, W New Order (in New Colosuss no more, Apex Legends will not start, you must have DDR3/DDR4)

lga_775_771_mod_purepc_2.thumb.jpg.100afe2b603dc4371724e44f84c0621f.jpg

And if you want to play something interesting, I recommend i5 6600/7400 with a motherboard with the z170 / z270 chipset, GTX 770/970 4GB, 2x8GB from 3000 to 3600 MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.

Edited by FILIPE
  • Like 1

Thx for advice, well right now i got:

Asus P5KC mobo, 2x2GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz (cpu-z shows dram freq 666,7 MHz, fk me if i know what that means)
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz (please help me here coz CPU-Z often shows its running 2000 MHz - i think its downclocking (?) because not so much Hz needed at the moment but i wanted to switch it off so it stays 2.66 all the time but it seems impossible on Vista, i have all switched to performance)
Nvidia 9600GT 512MB 256bit
win Vista 64bit

400W source

Edited by GwS BadBoy
  • Like 1

Didn't read this whole topic, but I have pretty much similar pc than you have and I used to run vista too and also used to have cpu overloading. I have core2duo E8500 and had to install very old radeon HD 4850, as "newer" radeon gpu overheated too fast and couldn't save it anymore. And I have 8gb ram, but it's ddr2 😄

For me solution was the restore points removal and removal the saving of those restore points. Those took up the space unnecessary, leaving just less than 10gb for vista partition.

Didn't help either even if I changed the restore point saving location, it still filled my C drive.

So try that.

Also win10 costed me under 20€, now this old toaster runs just fine. Doesn't need overclocking either, that'll only increase heat and noise and doesn't do any improvement because of the weak parts.

Edited by RendeL
wrong cpu
  • Like 2