ET NQ #1 NoQ|#1 server lags

floki

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Dark donkey said:

ill run it and give u the tests

Thanks. Trying to see if you have good connection to US server. If yes, then I suggest playing on jay2 or NQ #2. 

You can ask 500 players but at the end of the day, if your ISP has lag itself, their is nothing you would be able to do.

Question is: Does your ISP lags or your router or your BW? Are you downloading anything while playing? Remember watching youtube while playing causes lag too. So if your family member are using line at the time of your playing, you will have issues. 

You need to have stable latency mate.

• 100 1

There are 4 users on my couzin router am in there house and am n4 

When ill go home ill see if my internet is better then them

• Thanks 1

NQ1 has had 2x reboots in the last 2-3 days and it seems your the only one really having "lag" issues.

Mods wise the server runs NQ 1.2.9_6 as normal and currently has a very small xmas mod pack on that doesn't really do much other than alter a few visuals like nades, mines, hats etc, its highly doubtful this would cause you problems.

Other than rebooting the server as we have (2x), checking "lags" in person by joining NQ1 and also asking other players in game about lags we have done all we can server wise and all paths lead back to your end causing you issues??.

Post up any tests you do in this thread and we can look and try and help further but in the mean time if you could keep your issues here in this thread instead of on here and discord etc i'd be thankful as its easier to keep track of....Oh and i'm not going to be getting server issue warnings on my phone while in my nice cosy sleeps.

😄

****EDIT****

@Dark donkey

If your running ET 2.60b then try NQ1 with ET legacy, see if that is of any help, or visa versa if your on Legacy try 2.60b and let us know, both can be installed at the same time and both use their own etmain folders etc.

I've found in the past that using the other version of ET can sometimes fix lag and fps drops by highlighting cfg errors etc that may have "stuck" so to speak that become known when you load up the other version of ET (2.60b and Legacy) so worth trying all options at this point.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

NQ1 has had 2x reboots in the last 2-3 days and it seems your the only one really having "lag" issues.

Mods wise the server runs NQ 1.2.9_6 as normal and currently has a very small xmas mod pack on that doesn't really do much other than alter a few visuals like nades, mines, hats etc, its highly doubtful this would cause you problems.

Other than rebooting the server as we have (2x), checking "lags" in person by joining NQ1 and also asking other players in game about lags we have done all we can server wise and all paths lead back to your end causing you issues??.

Post up any tests you do in this thread and we can look and try and help further but in the mean time if you could keep your issues here in this thread instead of on here and discord etc i'd be thankful as its easier to keep track of....Oh and i'm not going to be getting server issue warnings on my phone while in my nice cosy sleeps.

😄

****EDIT****

@Dark donkey

If your running ET 2.60b then try NQ1 with ET legacy, see if that is of any help, or visa versa if your on Legacy try 2.60b and let us know, both can be installed at the same time and both use their own etmain folders etc.

I've found in the past that using the other version of ET can sometimes fix lag and fps drops by highlighting cfg errors etc that may have "stuck" so to speak that become known when you load up the other version of ET (2.60b and Legacy) so worth trying all options at this point.

Ill try lagacy and tell u

I saw this post and checked it out too, somehow it feels true... 

i never had Lagometers like this before on NQ1... never. 

Even the bots have these yellow triangle spikes. My snaps is 20 and my rate is 50000 as usual. 

Normally i have a straight green line with a straight blue triangle line.

My ISP is Vodafone/unitymedia cable.

Seems like they have problems to reach these servers of us, if you guys get a good connection though.

2021-01-06-095536-uje_the_ghetto_xmas.thumb.jpg.56bf33aab5bf75242cba5b7304319b76.jpg2021-01-06-095837-oasis.thumb.jpg.7854c8f53b003fa256a037915b0c6ece.jpg

Edited by Vice86
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vice86 said:

I saw this post and checked it out too, somehow it feels true... 

i never had Lagometers like this before on NQ1... never. 

Even the bots have these yellow triangle spikes. My snaps is 20 and my rate is 50000 as usual. 

Normally i have a straight green line with a straight blue triangle line.

My ISP is Vodafone/unitymedia cable.

Seems like they have problems to reach these servers of us, if you guys get a good connection though.

2021-01-06-095536-uje_the_ghetto_xmas.thumb.jpg.56bf33aab5bf75242cba5b7304319b76.jpg

do ping in cmd andsee how much is ur ping to nq server

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dark donkey said:

YOu can check whether you have packet loss in that way, which may indicate problems on your side

Or indeed what the ping is at different steps of the connection

Edited by amovos
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dark donkey said:

Ping -t gave me 40-300 wich was usually 4-20 in the past... 🤔

• Like 1

i think i am one of the few regulars with 220 ping, for me, every time i go to play in nq1 i just increase my rate (default is 34000) to 40000 and increase my fps the max possible and playable for me (com_maxfps 160). This works perfectly to me. You can try with this.

• Like 1

I've spent the past few hours on NQ1 and its been fine for me lag wise.

Prob with screenshots is when you take more than 1 at a time you will usually always get yellow server lag in the lag bar as when the computer ramps up to take the screenshot(s) the CPU will bottleneck and the network will stutter, hence the yellow lag spikes.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

9 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I've spent the past few hours on NQ1 and its been fine for me lag wise.

Prob with screenshots is when you take more than 1 at a time you will usually always get yellow server lag in the lag bar as when the computer ramps up to take the screenshot(s) the CPU will bottleneck and the network will stutter, hence the yellow lag spikes.

🤔 all  my SS where all superclean in the past on that topic and those spikes where continously even without taking ss. 

i will check later again since  here today in our state is a holiday and when you want to change a important IT-Maintenance Hardware, we do it mostly on these days... maybee my provider did do something on that purpose...

• Like 1
  • 100 1