Wolfenstein -- Remember Good times...

GHARIB

2 hours ago, Leatherface said:

yeaa, I played it many times.. and think i still have it somewere. 🙂

It may have been New Colossus (2017) that had an arcade game and when activated, play Wolf 3D

I think it was in the New Order....you could go to sleep and BJ would have a nightmare where he was running around inside Wolf 3D. Once you died in Wolf 3D, BJ wakes up again :D

For me, the newer games may well have the better graphics, but all those after ET lost the fast pace action that makes the game as awesome as it is. Theres a reason that Wolfenstein's (the one after ET in 2014) multiplayer died, and ET (and indeed the 2001 RtCW) online part are still going. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Leader
20 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Me neigther.. I though wolfenstein 3D was first one

Me, too.  The 1991 version the first one that I played. That one taught me to never start a new game on the "Easy Level".  Run, run, run, run before any enemies appear and damned few of them, too! 🏃‍♂️

I later found information on the Wolfenstein Game History, going back to the "dark ages" of 1981.   Which came first, the Apple or the DOS?  

You may smirk at the audio in that game, but I think that the programmers had found a way way to get more complex sounds out of a speaker that was only designed to produce BIOS beep-codes!  :D  (like that start-game beep at the beginning of the video).

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Which came first, the Apple or the DOS?  

First on Apple II, and then on DOS/ATARI

Castle_Wolfenstein_video_game_cover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1