Website Recent events - DDoS and slowness

daredevil

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Hello fraggers and team players,

We are getting some DDoS recently and hence the slowness on website and sometime server goes off. I don't think, I need to explain the reason for it. To make it short, either annihil cheater group is pissed is because we are banning them or some clan is pissed and want to make their server popular by DDoS'ing ours. 

We appreciate all the support and help from the members and regulars during this time. 

Thank you. 

LMFAO, them muppets at annihil now have a "trusted" whitelist to play FA servers........So they create a cheat, sell it, their cheat system is constantly blocked/banned on FA so they have to constantly update it, but because this process is annoying and takes time to sort out so its working again they have now created a whitelist so only good cheats can play FA, and only want cheats who are on said whitelist to play more human like on FA servers so the cheat doesn't get banned or tagged as fast...EH, WTF......why not just play as a human then.

Oh it hurts to laugh so much.

@daredevil Good job as always mate and like everyone else who plays here i appreciate the time and effort you put in to keeping FA up and running.

• Like 7
  • 100 1

Still, imagine DDoSing a community on a 17 year old video game. Go do something better with your life 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • 100 4

time to set a stronk capcha system for the webserver ??

are u even using cloudflare shield? supposed to be very very resilient 

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 6/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, NRK said:

time to set a stronk capcha system for the webserver ??

are u even using cloudflare shield? supposed to be very very resilient 

Yes, we use that. Annihil cheaters and 1 clan is pissed and soon people are going to hear more stories about it :) 

On 6/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, CabaL said:

Still, imagine DDoSing a community on a 17 year old video game. Go do something better with your life 🤣

Actually you would be amazed how some grown ups are. Wait for some time and you will remember this line :) 

• Like 4
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 6/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, CabaL said:

I'm still shaking m,y head over anyone using an archaic process like DDoS in 2021. And who the hell is annihil? 2021 Crybabies of the year?

26 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I'm still shaking m,y head over anyone using an archaic process like DDoS in 2021. And who the hell is annihil? 2021 Crybabies of the year?

Unfortunately DDoS  is not archaic. Maybe the concept is old, but It is evolving over time with technology. 

"Old" doesn't mean "archaic"- especialy if it works. 

DDoS attacks are multiple faces based:

Application layer, volumetric , network protocol (TCP/IP). 

It is multi factor, and can be combination of all that. 

There is not only one kind of attack... Every kind of attack got its own solution... 

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 3
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
12 minutes ago, GHARIB said:

Unfortunately DDoS  is not archaic. Maybe the concept is old, but It is evolving over time with technology. 

There is not only one kind of attack... Every kind of attack got its own solution... 

And apparently, it's happening right now,since the website is slower than heck all of a sudden

Just another case for not giving trophies to all participants...

Glad we have Captcha now, but jeez what a pain in the ass to have to!

Edited by Gameplan

4 hours ago, GHARIB said:

used to work for a bank and we went through one that took us down for over a day and cost millions...

• Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Gameplan said:

Just another case for not giving trophies to all participants...

Glad we have Captcha now, but jeez what a pain in the ass to have to!

That only made me use it one time on my tablet and not at all on my computer.