Usernames

csconley

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is the result of several things.

First is the idea that some people have that playing games "is a mindless activity".

Secondly I am trying to learn to use intuition in gaming and not just thinking. Since it is my goal to rely completely on intuition and not thought the name AntiThought seems appropriate.

Third- It makes me smile when I read it.

Forth- It has a bit of irony. I was considered one of the most intelligent people in my graduating high school class so for me to name myself AntiThought seemed delightfully ironic.

My original name before joining the clan was Deathfromabo, the idea was for it to be Deathfromabove but because CoD only allows a certain number of characters in name i could not fit the "ve". After i joined the clan i couldnt fit the =F|A= tag in my name so had to shorten it to =F|A= D.F.Abo, i kept the abo so that people would be able to recognize me, as i did not want to be called DFA all the time.

On vent and in game i have been called by others

Abo

Aboooooo

Death

deathfromabove

Dbo (cause thomas likes men)

and fake abo until the "real" abo (Aboleo) rage quit the clan

Edited by deathfromabo

Back in high school my computer lab teacher held a Duke Nuken 3D turnament, in which I placed 2nd. This is the name I went with then and has been my call sign ever since. Also, I'm rather fond of the long pig.

Duckie started calling me Chica when we met, so when I started playing games this became my name. Then he didn't like everyone else calling me Chica, because that was HIS name for me, so I switched to Hakuna Matata (because it's a wonderful phrase). Then when I joined F|A, the name was too long with tags so here I am back at Chica.

And no, I'm not spanish. And yes, I am a girl.

I Choose that username because it's so BADASS!!!

I just figured you liked acid.

Mine is because I use to have a pet hamster named Cog, he got burned to death by a rooster.

I always think of Foghorn Leghorn the giant rooster from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons that used to be on TV every Saturday morning.

Mine is the result of several things.

First is the idea that some people have that playing games "is a mindless activity".

Secondly I am trying to learn to use intuition in gaming and not just thinking. Since it is my goal to rely completely on intuition and not thought the name AntiThought seems appropriate.

Third- It makes me smile when I read it.

Forth- It has a bit of irony. I was considered one of the most intelligent people in my graduating high school class so for me to name myself AntiThought seemed delightfully ironic.

I thought you were trying to be Orwellian. I thought you were deliberately creating an anti-intellectual name that only the truly literate would get.

"War is Peace,"

"Freedom is Slavery,"

"Ignorance is Strength."

from the Ministry of Truth

Oh, my name is from this really scary movie I liked when i was a kid. It's about a shape-shifting alien entity that looks like an old man and steals dead bodies to reanimate them as slaves for sale on his homeworld. Creepy.

Names are a non-concrete thing for me if I can help it. Naturally then, I have a ton of names I'll go by.

I have a pile of names and variations of said names I'll cycle through out of boredom, but I have 2 I've been using consistently.

Malokyte - Deliberate misspelling of a rock. Name gets annoying to say over and over so I run around with it abbreviated as Malo. hearts and anagrams and smilies tend to f*** around with this name a LOT. e.g. Malo <3, lMao <3, 3< olaM, Malo :D, etc. etc.

Oracle - Name I've been using the longest, chosen when I started playing UT2k4 because I could predict a player's map strategy with near perfect consistency. Declined in use a bit because of halo nubcaeks (they're surprisingly clueless to how many Oracles have existed (plus nobody wants to be thought of as a floating crazy ball thingy))

When I applied I was a big fan of the show Leverage and thought one of the character's nicknames was Artisan, which I liked the sound of. Turns out it was Hardison (his last name), but oh well - my mishearing turned out for the better :D.

I use Atrophe (like in my sig), because it's a necromancer skill in Guild Wars (albeit ending in y) and my first character on WoW was a warlock (which focuses on damage over time stuff, a necromancer equivalent of sorts). Since Blizzard operate both WoW and SC2, the name carried over. However, I have since canceled my WoW subscription, woot!