Etpro fps drop

blAuss

5 hours ago, daredevil said:

If demo gives same FPS - then 100% it's your PC. Check if your opengl drivers have changed or not recently. If yes changed - try roll back on your OS for old drivers and see how it goes. 

Your config is bogus, bogus - Just create new ET profile and use some good config. 

yes i guess it is my pc, cuz i tried to switch gpu to gtx 460 and the problem is still there... and i also tried to reinstall et with gtx 460 and i still get drops on default...

How about you see what's your FPS on ETLegacy? You can't play on ETPro with it but if it's different from 2.60b it might suggest something.

Join one server (silEnT mod for example) with 2.60b, go to one spot on one map, then do the same with ETLegacy and compare results.

UPDATE ON THE PROBLEM:

i recently switched gpu from hd 6850 to gtx 460. It is a bit better but still i get this drops.

But, at some point today when i started the game to try it out it was stable and smooth as it should be. But Later when i restarted  my pc the problem was there again...

any ideas on that ? 

Edited by blAuss

Maybe you've got something that likes to auto-start with Windows and is running in the background?
Lots of software suites for peripherals are known to be resource hogs like Swarm, Synapse, etc.

Also try swapping to the "high performance" power plan if you haven't already.

Enable Ultimate Performance Mode in Windows 10

First and foremost, double-check that your PC is running the latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803).

Search for Command Prompt with Cortana. Open it with administrator privileges, and type the following command:

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Open Settings and navigate to System > Power & sleep > Additional Power Settings. Or open Control Panel, and navigate to Hardware & Sound > Power Options.

Power Plans

Edited by Lenovo

10 hours ago, Lenovo said:

Enable Ultimate Performance Mode in Windows 10

First and foremost, double-check that your PC is running the latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803).

Search for Command Prompt with Cortana. Open it with administrator privileges, and type the following command:

For ref the latest windows update is October 2018 (1809), it was paused by microshaft due to issues but began to roll out again end of Dec18 beginning of Jan19. You can check by opening start menu, clicking the settings cog--> update and security-->OS Build Info on right.

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

You can check by opening start menu, clicking the settings cog--> update and security-->OS Build Info on right.

I prefer -> run -> winver

😎

winver.jpg.8991401930ba7def684042b12ad52582.jpg

Edited by Lenovo
  • Like 1