ui mp 86

t3am2000-Romash

• Leader
On 1/24/2019 at 5:19 AM, t3am2000-Romash said:

image.thumb.png.ec1a61e3ef71b3af2d472d408c67b8b4.png

I moved all of the *.pk3 files out of my NQ folder and they downloaded ok.  I was able to play again with no problems.  I did not use ETLegacy, but only the 2.6 b

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Lenovo said:

but he's right some times, the server does not allow you to download the missing pk3 files, because it goes down the redirect to the files ftp

redirect server is up since many days. It was one time when redirect machine in itself failed in last 10 years. Other then that it has no issues so far. 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:25 AM, t3am2000-Romash said:

i all do what you write and nothing

not downloading

Do you have any config? It seems to me you have downloaded config which blocks auto redirect. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:26 AM, RedBaird said:

I moved all of the *.pk3 files out of my NQ folder and they downloaded ok.  I was able to play again with no problems.  I did not use ETLegacy, but only the 2.6 b

im doing this and back problem with ui86 pure server//// and im use enter with admin///

• Leader

If you had been on NQ#2 or NQ#3 before DD changed NQ#1 to the same mod as they have, then the correct ui86 would have been downloaded to your NQ folder when you first joined either one.  The NQ#1 version had used the NoQuarter folder and the ui86 file that is in it.

My ui86 files in my NQ and NoQuarter folders have different sized.

I will have to get their file-info and perhaps their hash numbers for you to see.   That might just be 'evidence' and not the cause of your troubles.

I think that you ran the PK3-cleaner already...

I have other ideas, but have to leave for a while. :(

this happens when pak3 files get corrupt or your uac has decided to not let u in et.exe.. what o/s  u useing?

u can disable your uac user control panel .

u could also  reinstall et to folder on desktop move ur key  id .. to it and then see if it works..

basically your et is corrupt or blocked

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 12:31 AM, daredevil said:

I actually never install ET in program folder - any software which doesn't require registry stuff - I keep it out side. Then copy paste the installation and it still works fine. 

Yep thats what i do, i copied my install over to external drive about 10+ years back and simply drag and drop the folder to windows if i ever re-install windows...Touch wood my install still works fine and never have issues.

@t3am2000-Romash

There is no need to run in compat mode, admin yes, compat no, i'm on Win 10 and it works fine.......the issue is sometimes caused by too many .pk3 files in the install and a clean up of obsolete pk3 files is required, mainly those pk3's from other ET servers (mainly the ones starting with z).

You will need to enable www downloads in settings to auto get missing files.

Failing that i've upped my ui_mp_x86.dll file to my cloud, its workign fine for me so if you replace yours with it and get same issue then it's not the file and more than likely another causing the issue.

ui_mp_x86.dll

https://mega.nz/#!b45FWKyS!IF-Lkqbq9FCfOdUHEvyBRI0etv-FGLfUIFCyWENF468

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Yep thats what i do, i copied my install over to external drive about 10+ years back and simply drag and drop the folder to windows if i ever re-install windows...Touch wood my install still works fine and never have issues.

@t3am2000-Romash

There is no need to run in compat mode, admin yes, compat no, i'm on Win 10 and it works fine.......the issue is sometimes caused by too many .pk3 files in the install and a clean up of obsolete pk3 files is required, mainly those pk3's from other ET servers (mainly the ones starting with z).

You will need to enable www downloads in settings to auto get missing files.

Failing that i've upped my ui_mp_x86.dll file to my cloud, its workign fine for me so if you replace yours with it and get same issue then it's not the file and more than likely another causing the issue.

ui_mp_x86.dll

https://mega.nz/#!b45FWKyS!IF-Lkqbq9FCfOdUHEvyBRI0etv-FGLfUIFCyWENF468

i downloading ui86 and now  working= big thx

• Like 2
  • Love 1