• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Xbox Died :<

- - - - - xbox

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TulsaGeoff

TulsaGeoff

L99: Damage Dealer

• ET Member
  • 2,107 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Xfire:tulsageoff
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • T-M:ET: 1-0
My Xbox finally passed. It worked perfectly and then the dreaded red ring happened on Saturday. I attempted to fix it by the removing the xbrackets (screwing down the heatsinks rather than the funky clamp) and replacing the TIM with MX-3 and even tried baking it at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. It still blinks red. I bought the xbox right when Halo 3 came out so it did have the upgraded GPU heatsink. I think I proved nerdier than ever to my GF when we saw me insulating the xbox motherboard with socks and towels and baking it. :lol

Oh yeah, and now I have to open the disc drive to retrieve my MW3 disk. Boo

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,886 posts
Honorable bastion of truth
  • Xfire:Chuckun
  • Admin:19
  • Alias:=F|A=Chuckun
Contributor
And this is why 360's suck ass.

Sorry to hear it bro, I'd be devastated.. Hence why I just never bought one and let my console gaming side die..

CaulkLiquor

CaulkLiquor

Klingon Warrior

• Inactive Member
  • 351 posts
On the road to fame
  • Xfire:CaulkLiquor
  • Admin:16
  • Server:COD4 #2
  • Steam ID:osmap
http://imgur.com/rsIcj.jpg

Edited by CaulkLiquor, 19 March 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Spitfire

Spitfire

L8: Grand Teacher

• ET Member
  • 1,681 posts
On a distinguished road
Let your Xbox rest in peace!

FiveMagic

FiveMagic

L7: Teacher

• COD Member
  • 1,302 posts
Getting Better
My Xbox died twice after the warrenty, both times we told them "we paid good money and now our kids have nothing" and we got a new one a few weeks later.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,886 posts
Honorable bastion of truth
  • Xfire:Chuckun
  • Admin:19
  • Alias:=F|A=Chuckun
Contributor

My Xbox died twice after the warrenty, both times we told them "we paid good money and now our kids have nothing" and we got a new one a few weeks later.

That is a great idea.. And pretty decent of MS to sort it out after warranty.. I realise its more about reputation than actually caring but still, they have no obligation, so good on them!

=Plat00n=

=Plat00n=

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 543 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:4
  • Server:None
xbox sounds dead to me. I just watch this to see if there was anything you could do but i bet you already tried this already

• Ken likes this

Latino555

Latino555

• Regular User
  • 482 posts
Getting Better
Just forget about it, and send the xbox to me for fixing..and then if I get it to work, I'm keeping it

ajnl

ajnl

the Orange

• COD Member
  • 3,458 posts
I am just really nice
  • Xfire:ipwn4life
  • Admin:14
  • Alias:=F|A= AJ
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:26333418

Donator

Contributor
I did that same fix on my 360 and it worked. The first time turning it on it still blinked red, but I left it for a bit and it worked.

TulsaGeoff

TulsaGeoff

• ET Member
  • 2,107 posts
Has a brilliant future

Wow that's impressive. My neighbor tried and got denied. Did you open it up?

At least it's cheap relative to a PC. No argument on which is graphically better. It's actually the first console that I have ever had that has died and I've had a few. I've returned many high-end PC parts. I think I'm more disappointed that it didn't work after attempting to fix it..

I'd try a hot toast in the oven again 300-400F, but I think I'd rather shell out $180 than get lead poisoning or similar from the hazardous materials that the PCB is composed of.

Krayzie

Krayzie

L8: Grand Teacher

• ET Member
  • 1,796 posts
Will become famous
  • Xfire:krayzie801
  • Admin:15
  • Alias:Pie*Man
  • T-M:ET: 0-0
    CoD: 1-1

Donator

No red ring of death for my fancy PS3 ;) Was never a fan of the Xbox line. Halo never fancied me either. Love the Blu-Ray that the ps3 comes with, and its shape is better I think. As well as graphics. Although comparable, PS3 always wins.

You could always do one of these with it...

• Ken likes this

TulsaGeoff

TulsaGeoff

• ET Member
  • 2,107 posts
Has a brilliant future

No red ring of death for my fancy PS3 ;) Was never a fan of the Xbox line. Halo never fancied me either. Love the Blu-Ray that the ps3 comes with, and its shape is better I think. As well as graphics. Although comparable, PS3 always wins.

You could always do one of these with it...

I have a PS3, It's main purpose is Netflix. I love the PS3's menus. Shooting it may not be a bad idea. I may keep it just for this purpose. Posted Image :camper

FiveMagic

FiveMagic

L7: Teacher

• COD Member
  • 1,302 posts
Getting Better

Wow that's impressive. My neighbor tried and got denied. Did you open it up?

At least it's cheap relative to a PC. No argument on which is graphically better. It's actually the first console that I have ever had that has died and I've had a few. I've returned many high-end PC parts. I think I'm more disappointed that it didn't work after attempting to fix it..

I'd try a hot toast in the oven again 300-400F, but I think I'd rather shell out $180 than get lead poisoning or similar from the hazardous materials that the PCB is composed of.

No i never Opened/altered it, just told them and they asked for the number on the back and sent the E-Mail with the scan thing to us. Might have just been luck.

Latino555

Latino555

• Regular User
  • 482 posts
Getting Better

Shooting it may not be a bad idea. I may keep it just for this purpose. Posted Image :camper

Record it maybe..

++equaLz

equaLz

• ++Gold VIP
  • 467 posts
Will become famous
  • Xfire:battel4star
  • Admin:6
  • Server:Silent #1
  • Alias:cTRL-equaLz

Donator

Well, Consolegaming is outdating hard now...
I use to be a consolegamer, but PC is now mine favorite gameplatform.
Mouse, Keyboard is all I need.

@Krayzie
Graphics are the same, the console can show 1080p, but games are developed max on 720p... no difference.

Edited by AlCapone :<, 21 March 2012 - 04:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users