Automotive questions

trendy

What’s up fellas, have any car related questions? Bring em here! I’ll be glad to help out. I’m a mechanic for Ford and Toyota and I know how expensive repairs can be and how sometimes they don’t make sense! Feel free to ask away and I’ll be happy to help any way I can. Cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

Great topic Trendy! Im sure this would help a lot of people. There are quite a few car enthusiasts here as well that you could chat with and share your experiences as well. Then there are also those that are complete nublets that could learn a lot from people like you! Good stuff!

• Thanks 1

Mastered auto mechanics start of 80's and also heavy duty (trucks, caterpillars etc...) Worked Saab, Mazda,Peugeot,Scania mech and electrics few years (stopped that work in -87). Been hobbying different brands since then (and bit before also). I do all car related works at home. Only engine things which need heavy machinery is outsourced (block and head machinery) Build some (over 100 engines) for race and street Turbo and no turbo.  I will try to help also if I can.

Edited by Masa_1964
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 2016 ford fusion se turbo with AWD. ExcelIent vehicle in the winter and can move through just about anything. I want to keep it tuned and running smooth as long as I can. It's great mid-size luxury car. I've heard synthetic oil is best for engine longevity, not sure if that's true. Other than tune-ups what else can prolong the life of an engine?

okay i'm no mechanic but i do drive for a living i do little over 100 mils every night i would say the best way to keep your car alive is keep a regular oil change going and  fine gas that likes your  car mixing gas is the fasties way i find to break something other then that    just change out  parts that go  bad breaks  belt's and the works but i say the biggies part of keep a car  running good and happy is  oil and gas  

• Like 1

yeah pretty much what kiba said! do your oil changes regularly, synthetic oils are better especially in colder areas to keep oils from freezing up. I recommend using better gas, i personally use shell and find that i get a longer distance with a full tank of premium than i do with a full tank of regular. Its really keeping up with your basic maintenance's that's going to prolong the life of your vehicle. I had a 2.0 ecoboost as well it wasnt AWD but it is a nice car! The owners manual should provide some information regarding service mileage times. 

• Like 1