Ping problems

Lucifer21
Go to solution Solved by captnconcrete,

First , restart Router

Second windows update check

Third  check with utility --> connection and process , use internet  free network utility

for check Latency   Network Latency

Stop all process windows  unnecessary   Easy service optimizer v1.2

u have IP dinamic or Static ?

our connection type ? bandwith? where are u from?

the solution + probable reboots the router and checks the network adapter updates,

then disables windows update with this utility  Windows Update on // off

right click on start, run -> msconfig -> start, disable all that is not needed, so many programs have their auto update active, which maybe looking for updates gives you strange latency problems

always check before starting to play, that these parameters are correct: installments 34000-50000, cl_maxpackets 30-100, sometimes it happens to reinstall ET, or to delete the etconfig
unfortunately in some cases the rate returns to 5000 and produces lag
to control using / players in the console

lastly, use -->  TCPoptimizer
and reset the windows default values to connect and restart

My hope is to be able to be useful  Good Game !!!

Edited by JirenTV
  • Like 1

default cfg , later installation  seta rate "5000"  --->  equal for ET, RTCW, QUAKE 3, QUAKE 4

open etconfig.cfg with worpad and search rate

i know this game from 17 years  LOL

• Administrators
On 4/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, Cquattro said:

First , restart Router

Second windows update check

Third  check with utility --> connection and process , use internet  free network utility

for check Latency   Network Latency

Stop all process windows  unnecessary   Easy service optimizer v1.2

u have IP dinamic or Static ?

our connection type ? bandwith? where are u from?

the solution + probable reboots the router and checks the network adapter updates,

then disables windows update with this utility  Windows Update on // off

right click on start, run -> msconfig -> start, disable all that is not needed, so many programs have their auto update active, which maybe looking for updates gives you strange latency problems

always check before starting to play, that these parameters are correct: installments 34000-50000, cl_maxpackets 30-100, sometimes it happens to reinstall ET, or to delete the etconfig
unfortunately in some cases the rate returns to 5000 and produces lag
to control using / players in the console

lastly, use -->  TCPoptimizer
and reset the windows default values to connect and restart

My hope is to be able to be useful  Good Game !!!

Some  wrong information - 

1. Windows update shouldn't cause issues in ET. Let's keep it as is please. Security first. 

2. TCoptimizer holds no importance in UDP based game. ET uses UDP protocol. No need for any TCP optimizer. It does nothing. 

@Lucifer21 - What you can do reboot router and mode. 

Then play when directly connection from modem. If that helps and works good for you - then play from wired connection. If that works then router is good and look into your wifi settings and see if their is any interference. 

Also post your PC specs. 

• Like 1

Excellent answer, I agree
I add, pay attention to the wifi card settings

go to the property wi-fi card -> configure -> energy saving ---> allow the computer to turn off the device to save energy, disable it

besides I have enabled in advanced,
Ad Hoc QoS Mode -> WMM Enable

I'm sorry for discussing TCP settings, but his is a general problem of the connection, I did not mean to say that Enemy Territory needs TcpOptimizer, all the advice I gave is only for connexion in general, I know this game well and I am aware that it works on UDP, but its problem certainly related to the lag, is due to an overload in the DNS or has some program that continually searches for updates via TCP, this is my opinion, and still play in WI-FI, as a game I must be aware that at peak times, there may be interference due to appliances, and you must be sure before playing ONLINE that no smartphone, tablet, smart TV, etc. are disconnected, I have noticed that when I have interference on the 2.4Ghz wi-fi, if I disconnect and reconnect with wi-fi 5.0Ghz I solve my problem
otherwise last solution restart the Modem

The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is a non-connection-oriented and unconfirmed transport protocol. It is used when the data sent does not require confirmation, or because the network is deemed sufficiently reliable or because the application that uses the transport service would be penalized from the point of view of performance by the complexity of a confirmed transport protocol.
Consider, for example, an application of audio or video straming: in this case the loss of some packets does not compromise the global meaning of the information and on the contrary the use of TCP would allow on the one hand the correct reception of all packets but on the other hand there would be delays in reception which would lead to a very bad quality of information.

Thanks to its features the UDP is a very simple and streamlined protocol that determines a lower network traffic load compared to TCP because no confirmations are sent and there is no data exchange to establish and close the sessions. The UDP allows the application that uses it to send data in broadcast and multicast unlike TCP which in this case should handle the acknowledgment ACKs from all the recipient nodes of these messages.
The UDP header has a size of only 8 bytes, divided as follows:
source port ---- Destination port .---- length ----- cheksum

Let's examine the individual components of the datagram.
Source port and destination port:
refer to the application that uses the UDP with the modalities stated in the previous Unit-
Length:
It is the length of the entire segment.
checksum:
It is an optional field if it is not calculated and set to 0 in the UDP there is the error check, but not the recovery if the checksum gives a negative result to the segment and simply discarded.

I want to connect the discussion to this one

Jay 1 Lag for 30 sec two consecutive days now Asked by MosesIsComingLookBusy

Edited by JirenTV

12 hours ago, daredevil said:

Some  wrong information - 

1. Windows update shouldn't cause issues in ET. Let's keep it as is please. Security first. 

2. TCoptimizer holds no importance in UDP based game. ET uses UDP protocol. No need for any TCP optimizer. It does nothing. 

@Lucifer21 - What you can do reboot router and mode. 

Then play when directly connection from modem. If that helps and works good for you - then play from wired connection. If that works then router is good and look into your wifi settings and see if their is any interference. 

Also post your PC specs. 

seta net_noudp "0"

u Know this setting ?

------------------------------

I'm curious about this command, because I played all the games with the quake 3 engine, since 1996, I played with friends in local lan 8 people in quake 3 every day 4 vs 4
and I remember that we created the server with a computer that did not play and when we joined the game, some computers
a second type of network card, and of the default installed protocols, they saw 1 or 2 entries, in the list of lanes, and I remember that some computers entered without problems in both connections, while others only entered the UPD or the other way around

-----------------------------

I do not remember at the moment if this parameter is client-side or server-side, could you tell me about this topic?

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Cquattro said:

seta net_noudp "0"

u Know this setting ?

seta is bad way to set the variables. I always suggest players to use set instead. 

If you set above variables through ingame, it will not be changed until next game restart. Try to set both variables in command line and see what happens :) You will not be able to connect to server or even see server list. 

• Like 1