man drugs girlfriend with sedative to keep playing computer games in peace

Night Hunter

games_2635226b.jpg

A 23-year-old man has been fined by a German court after admitting he put drops of sedative into his girlfriend's tea so he could continue playing computer games.
The man from North Rhine-Westphalia told the district court in Castrop-Rauxel that he "only put four or five drops into her tea", the Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung reported.
The boyfriend, who admitted to the charge of bodily harm, had been playing games on his console with a friend when his then-girlfriend arrived home at around 10pm on an evening in August 2014 after 10 hours at work.
The 24-year-old woman found that she slept until midday the next day after drinking the drugged tea, telling the court: “Then I got up and drove to work although I was nodding off again and again."
She said that her now ex-boyfriend, who admitted what he had done on the day after the crime, had been on drugs at the time, which was the reason for their break-up soon afterwards.
An analysis of the girlfriend's hair showed that she had been under the influence of those drugs just once, at the time when the man had slipped them into her drink.
“Your girlfriend slept long and deeply, which didn't harm her, but this is certainly a premeditated bodily harm,” the judge said as he sentenced the man to pay a €500 (£360) fine.
The ex-boyfriend, who explained that he has now been off drugs from 10 months and would soon begin an apprenticeship, said: “It was stupid, but now I'm on a straight path."

• Like 1