Show us your knives

LustyRazor

This is a Sami knife,  from North of Norway (Finnmark). It is the best equipment you can bring with you on a hike. Know many Norwegians thanking the Sami people for this knife. 

Samekniv.jpg

(picture from internet, but I got the same knife)

From ancient time it was believed that the brass on the knife contained magical properties. It is said that the brass used in the ferrule and fitting for the blade protects the owner against evil spirits and bad luck. Moreover, says Sami folk that sami knife has a magical, healing powers such as can be used to stop the blood, relieve gout and to remove tumors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased this no-name knife at a truck stop years ago when I realized I had no knife in my vehicle (as a tool not a weapon—don't use your knife as a weapon unless you wanna get cut... or you're playing COD).

W7trHCs.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have anything fancy, but I do have a special knife:

ie477n.jpg

I got it on my trip to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (amazing places, by the way! I will go back). Of course, I needed a souvenir and what's better than a genuine Victorinox Swiss Army knife from Switzerland? I went up to the line and asked for something to be engraved into my knife and he looked at me apologetically and said that he was sorry but they can't engrave phrases. I was immensely disappointed. But then he smiled and said "Today, I think I can make an exception." 

What those words on the knife, "Vorsprung durch Technik" mean is "Advancement through technology" and it's Audi's slogan outside of the US. I love the four rings :D

Edited by ronaldounit0
  • Like 2