UrbanTerror server

Xernicus

UrbanTerror is an open source FPS game, and is still supported, and a new version with HD textures is being released. Many ET players that I have found also play UrT, and I think it would be a good idea to host at least one UrT server. I'll gladly donate to cover the costs of running it (or at least what I can). In fact, I've been holding off on donating so that i could suggest this.

Tell me what you think!

Some ideas for the first rotation (if this happens)

-Subway
-Algiers
-And I can't remember the rest of my faves. xD

https://www.urbanterror.info/

can you host your own severs or rent servers? thought they had there own servers i could be wrong

nvm i found the answer apparently you can :P

i checked on game server and for 32 slot server for 6 months pre paid your looking at about  180$

180 bucks for 6 months? Not bad... slightly pricey though. i thought DediHosting (our ET hosting provider) did UrT as well. I'll have to check.

Checked Gameservers... for a 15 slot server hosted in Seattle, WA (If I'm paying for this, it's going to be hosted in my city xD) we're looking at 80 bucks for 6 months. ;) prepaid of course. I'm going with 15 slot for now just because I don't know how popular it'll be. I can donate $100, and 80 would go to this server and the 20 would go to the clan in general... I could host the server by myself, but I want it to be a clan server, and I like playing wth all of the =F|A= folks. ;)

180 bucks for 6 months? Not bad... slightly pricey though. i thought DediHosting (our ET hosting provider) did UrT as well. I'll have to check.

Checked Gameservers... for a 15 slot server hosted in Seattle, WA (If I'm paying for this, it's going to be hosted in my city xD) we're looking at 80 bucks for 6 months. ;) prepaid of course. I'm going with 15 slot for now just because I don't know how popular it'll be. I can donate $100, and 80 would go to this server and the 20 would go to the clan in general... I could host the server by myself, but I want it to be a clan server, and I like playing wth all of the =F|A= folks. ;)

ya well you have to get permission from dd  joe and rainier  before you go doing anything using the clan name or what not just so you know :)

• Like 1

Oh obviously. That's why I'm posting it in suggestions. :P I would never use the F|A name without permission, and I'm not going to start my own servers- I was just pointing out why I wanted to have FA to have a UrT server. If the founders don't like my idea, then I'll just keep playing on the servers that are out there. I just thought that this could be lots of fun, and has the potential to bring in new members.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the game, booted up and went to play online... 0 servers in the masterlist....

Never mind

Is this game still popular? 

Edited by GI-JOE

Installed the game, booted up and went to play online... 0 servers in the masterlist....

Never mind

Is this game still popular? 

Online: 415 servers with 259 players

I'd say so.