New Beginners Rotation

Daliger

Beginners Server Map Rotation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 maps would you definitely want to see on the Beginners server?

What if we advertise on the Beginners and maybe the other active servers that custom maps were coming soon and gave download links for those maps.. Maybe we could host the downloads, and even get that traffic here. And after a month or so of advertising we could insert the maps into the rotation?  I dunno, it's early here and I am on pain meds lol :P

I would like to point Trials+ to the topic in Private Section titled "Custom maps server", if you're considering suggesting such a server.

I just finished reading the topic, and now that I have I'm going to agree that we should keep it to non-custom maps. I don't want to put that kind of pressure or financial strain on anybody (so to all of the guys who work very hard to keep us happy, thank you). 

But, I still feel as though we should clear this poll, take away the maps we can't run anyway (I think speed said that Bloc and one other were a no-go), and have a new vote. 

Humor me for a second, because this could get long:

Let's say that we have a vote on maps A, B, C, D, E, and F:

A: 10 votes

B: 10 votes

C: 5 votes

D: 5 votes

E: 2 votes

F: 2 votes             (obviously these perfect numbers won't happen, but the logic can still apply)

So we can make two rotations out of these votes: 1) A,C,E  2) B, D, F

This way we get the same level of overall happiness with two different rotations. (I really hope this makes sense, or else I'll feel like an idiot). 

To the leaders, co-leaders, staff, etc. if you guys could clear the poll and use what I said, I can look at the results after a while and set up 2 or 3 rotations (depending on how many vote). I'll help in absolutely any way that I can. 

Sorry for that rant guys, let me know what you think! 

• Like 1

yeah.... new rotation would be great...

take chinatown as an example.... whenever (between 9:00 and 14:00 here in germany) the server is filled with around 10-20 ppl....

as soon as chinatown comes up, there are only 2-8 left... refills around the rotation - and drops down next time chinatown comes up...

Well, for starters the moment the rotation changes to include even one custom map we'll have 5-6+ players trying to download the same map at the same time. Then the following evening, after the change, we get a usual nightly flux from EU then we're looking at easily 20+ players trying to download the same map at the same time. I'd like to point out that, that is just the regulars. I'm not counting the amount of unique/new players we get daily. Overall it would be utter mayhem for about 2 - 3 weeks while the server slowly died a painful death.

EDIT: While I love the idea of playing custom maps, it is not going to happen on a server as heavily populated as Beginners. I would like to point Trials+ to the topic in Private Section titled "Custom maps server", if you're considering suggesting such a server.

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying this for me! Makes sense. I guess in that case, editing the current map rotation would be a more feasible option. There are plenty of terrific stock maps that can be thrown into the rotation. 

Bottom line, seeing a change/mixup in the rotation would be a welcome site, regardless of if it includes custom maps or not. 

• Like 2

alright guys, I will have something up and restart the server tonight..

The maps are the same today :( is there a time they're going to be switched around?

server restarted. new rotation in effect.. could not restart in the night as there was still a decent population playing..

• Like 2

This is the new rotation

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_showdown gametype war map mp_bloc gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_cargoship gametype war map mp_broadcast"