Castle Wolfenstein Movie Announced

DJ aka GDR DJ

Castle Wolfenstein Movie Announced

wfst2.png

The Oscar-winning co-writer of Pulp Fiction and the producer of the Silent Hill movies are teaming up to bring the classic video game Castle Wolfenstein to the big screen.

In an announcement made at the American Film Market (AFM), producer Samuel Hadida and Panorama Media said they've tapped Roger Avary (who also scripted the original Silent Hill movie for Hadida) to write and direct Castle Wolfenstein.The filmmaker had been attached to the project (then titled Return to Castle Wolfenstein) a few years ago before his prison sentence for gross vehicular manslaughter and drunken driving.

Here's the official boilerplate on the movie via today's press release: "Castle Wolfenstein is an action adventure film in the vein of Captain America and Inglourious Basterds. The story follows a young US Army Captain and a British Special Agent on a top secret mission to Castle Wolfenstein, where Hitler will be for the unveiling of a new secret weapon. After reaching the Castle, our heroes are confronted with Himmler’s SS Paranormal Division and must fight, not only for their survival, but for a mission that could alter the course of the War."

"With Roger at the helm, we expect everyone will join us for a wild and fun cinematic ride that will grab contemporary film audiences with the same irreverent, hip, over the top approach that Roger brought to Pulp Fiction and the other films he has either written or directed," said Hadida. "It is a big action adventure but also strongly character driven and based on a very solid story. ... The film involves a classic assault on the bad guys, who are nominally Nazis, more evocative of Inglourious Basterds than the actual World War II. It is a vaguely futuristic retro world as fun as Captain America, which has recently been reintroduced to the world audience with great success.”

Said Avary in a statement, "I’ve been playing the Wolfenstein games since I was a kid, and feel that their outlandish sensibility has deeply influenced my own writing and directing throughout my career. I have always thought Wolfenstein, transformed and opened for the screen to wider audiences not familiar with the games, would be a major cinematic experience, which is why I introduced it to Samuel. He bought the rights, and I could not be happier that we are now embarking on this adventure.”

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
  • Like 7

would be great :P

Not only to watch ourselves, but if this really get a world wide movie or atleast a populair movie in a number of country's you have hundreds maybe thousends potential new players

Edited by DFighter
  • Like 1

would be great :P

Not only to watch ourselves, but if this really get a world wide movie or atleast a populair movie in a number of country's you have hundreds maybe thousends potential new players

Exactly :)

here the news in video :P it have all to be a good movie...a few weeks ago i sayd to Barb that it missed a film with Wolf as a theme..et voila , some one heard me

http://www.ign.com/v...IGN All Videos)

Edited by LuCkY13**

I don't know if its going to turn out good. Not one movie that is related to a video game has turn out to be a good movie so far.

exactly

I can't remember a movie based of a game that turned out to be good...

• 2 weeks later...