ET Language question....

Wendy'sChili

Just wondering what, if any, the language parameters are for adminning. I know the rules are clear about racism and harassment, but I've seen a particular player saying some particularly ugly words on a regular basis. While I am not prudish and am definitely not above using the occasional swear word, is it possible that some players go too far? I private messaged the person in question to "maybe choose some different language," but want to know if I am crossing the line in doing so. It's amazing how mature the VAST majority of players are here...quite astonishing, really....it's definitely a refreshing change from the majority of other servers out there who clamp down on language so hard that people get banned for using the word 'cocktail.'

• Like 1

Cocktail? how is that bannable?
Banter between players happen and are part of the game. Insults are not banter. A word or two now and then in a different language is alright. Insults in different language is not okay.

Good you got thick skin. But remember some other players might not have that.

https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page Check this out.

From Wiki:

On most servers, we only allow 5 to 10 seconds of conversation for things such as greetings and small talk. If after a few sentences they continue, politely tell them that English is the only language allowed in main chat. The only exception to this is if an admin wants to help a player in their native language. Give them plenty of warnings (3 verbal warnings in main chat and 1 in private messages). We never kick people for speaking another language just tell them to take it to private messages or if they can, team or fireteam chat.

This rule is a lot more relaxed on our European servers; Beginners 1, Beginners 2, NQ1, NQ2 and TDM.

Complaining once in a while isn’t that bad and is allowed. We’ve all been annoyed at the game every once in a while and it can get irritating dying over and over. What we don’t want is constant whining, especially if it leads to insults. Most of the time simply asking them if it’s worth getting annoyed is enough to calm them down and no further action is needed. Admins should not be part of the problem but should be working to fix it. At the end of the day, it’s a game and we’re here to have fun.

The normal procedure when dealing with people like this is: A few verbal warns, 3 warn commands, 3 mutes of a few minutes, and then a mute for 1 day, 3 days and 7 days if they continue to make problems. If they’ve been muted for 7 days already, continue renewing as needed. Initial mute should be 10 minutes.

Reason: Insulting, Trolling or Whining.

If someone tells you they’re being insulted in private messages, tell them to take a demo or screenshots and explain this to them if they don’t know how to.

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy
  • Like 4

Here and there some "bad words" are allowed, as it is just a game, but if it is continous, then it is a problem.

Remember to take ss and feel free to use cmds you've been given to make things right.

Here's from wiki, just as a guide line:

• Don't keep fighting with other players on the server and don’t keep bitching at other players on a continuous basis. You may be muted or kicked depending on what our admins feel is right.
  • Do not continuously challenge or harass players on the server.
  • Like 3

Use your judgement and follow your instincts. If you see someone insulting or directing swear words at another player and you sense that it will cause tension or start a fight, thats definitely a prime time to jump in and intervene otherwise, like the others have said, a few comments here and there are absolutely fine. If you do feel they are being a little too excessive, just PM them to relax a little as you have done. Repeat offenders you don't need to be so lenient with depending on the severity of the situation but for first timer offenders or regulars that go overboard occasionally, just reminding them of the rules usually keeps them in check.

The others have said everything else. :) 

• Like 2

Essentially with all of that information above it sounds like you have a lot of latitude. Obviously we all talk a lot of Hardcore and with that comes competitive banter. It's usually pretty easy to tell when someone has crossed the line from friendly to insulting. However sometimes when people react in another language I cant tell how the tone is to be interpreted so I might pm them in their language asking if everything is okay.

There are some more words that should definitely be censored like f*g and f****t and personally I think d**k should be brought back since it's such an innocuous insult imo but we'll see about that. 

Yse your judgement Wendy, worst thing that happens is you get a little pushback and you go from there. 

• Like 1

who u talking about here.they might be a possible trouble player.!if its getting to some one i stop it if its just a cry baby i kill em till they stop.lol

i have my own fan club of dickwades who like to talk smack i kill them harder an harder.

we have simple basic guidelines to follow. as above post.

but use your own judgement .. open minded and fun.. if its not fun . then it needs to be delt with.

ex. last night i had two people on jay2 really givein each other a hard time i asked em if they are alrite they said yes i left it alone..   u can tell when its there persona.  an not everyone has a good day everyday.  an remember we arent the police!or  a babysitter!

• Like 3