XP not saving (HARDCORE server)

TRU BLOOD

A few weeks ago I made a post in regards to my screen Resolution not saving. I attempted many different ideas that were suggested and still will not save. All my other settings saved but not the resolution for whatever reason.

Having said that and yes its a pain in the azz to have to set it every login but one other thing that I noticed is that I lost all my XP. So I started over again, and returned a few days later and again my XP has dropped from 10,000 plus down to 3500. Not sure what's going on just yet but nothing has changed on my end that im aware of.

Im running the following system:

Windows 7. (7.2 version

RAM: 8.00 Gigs with 3.96 still available

64 Bits

Processor: Intel R, TM, i7 cpu, 860 @2.80 ghz,

Yeah Yeah, I know its getting old, by the years end I will upgrade. Any ideas would be appreciated. thx

Edited by FlA TRU+BL@@D
Spelling

I was around 22000 before it reset to zero about 2 weeks ago.  I restarted shortly after, and was fine with that. About 3 days ago it was increasing until today,  is when I noticed the  reduction in xp.

• Leader

Did you resintall ET on March 6th?  Your Silent GUID changed that day. I will post more later...

Edited by RedBaird
+ r

I was in the et main folder to remove my old profiles from Bunker 1- and 1 community that has disbanded. However the |>B<| profiles were only removed. Not too sure if something elso may of been attached to those files that made the guid change. BTW. thank you for fixing my name. I tried several times but was unable too.

• Leader
On 3/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, RedBaird said:

Did you resintall ET on March 6th?  Your Silent GUID changed that day. I will post more later...

@TRU BLOODThis info is from March 14th, on HardCore.

This is info attached to your first Silent GUID, which was last seen on March 6th.

__#__|_____First Seen______|______Last Seen______|_____Time Played____|__Name__
   1 | 2018-12-21 14:55:20 | 2019-03-06 15:10:18 |   5d 12h 33min 57s | Tru+BL@@D
   2 | 2019-02-16 12:38:04 | 2019-03-05 15:55:52 |                   28min 9s | TruBL@@D
   3 | 2018-12-22 16:08:34 | 2019-03-05 15:42:30 |                                    | ETPlayer
   4 | 2018-12-21 14:35:43 | 2019-02-08 11:07:57 |                 19min 36s | |>B<|PATRIOT

This shows the info for the S:ET GUID that first appeared on March 6th, with the same IP as above:

__#__|_____First Seen______|______Last Seen______|_____Time Played____|__Name__
   1 | 2019-03-06 15:56:29 | 2019-03-14 15:45:33 |      16h 31min 42s | Tru+BL@@D
   2 | 2019-03-06 15:54:40 | 2019-03-14 15:45:20 |                3min 10s | ETPlayer

Edited by RedBaird
color the true 'first seen' on new GUID
  • 100 1

pat what did u do too ur et.   

did u by chance save ur bunker folder to ur desktop?

u musta deleted ur silent key and ur profile  dat .    

im thinking now u must create a new profile in your user list.  sounds like no profile and new silent key.

• Like 1

• Leader
15 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

u musta deleted ur silent key and ur profile  dat . 

If he has saved copies of them elswhere, as we should all do, he can just paste them in to replace the new files that ET/Silent gave him.

The best way to remove files from an ET installation is to move them elsewhere to save them for a while, just-to-be-sure.  :(  That probably does not apply to SS and demos, but... :D 

@TRU BLOOD What version of ET do you have, 2.6b or ETLegacay?  What operating system are you using?

This all happen when I was trying to resolve my Resolution issue. I guess trying to stop from loosing the settings it changed other settings too. No matter, Im back to restart and it seems to have been staying. I am still having issues with the resolution setting   when I log into the game. I tried all the settings that were suggested, and still the setting defaults to 800. I still have to change it in game then restart the game. Pain in the azz, but it works. Anyway, guys thank you for all your time into resolving my issue. This is why I decided to return to F|A.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TRU BLOOD said:

This all happen when I was trying to resolve my Resolution issue. I guess trying to stop from loosing the settings it changed other settings too. No matter, Im back to restart and it seems to have been staying. I am still having issues with the resolution setting   when I log into the game. I tried all the settings that were suggested, and still the setting defaults to 800. I still have to change it in game then restart the game. Pain in the azz, but it works. Anyway, guys thank you for all your time into resolving my issue. This is why I decided to return to F|A.

Resolution is pretty simple. Load your config through command line and in that put your desired config.  If you need help with that please let me know. 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, daredevil said:

Resolution is pretty simple. Load your config through command line and in that put your desired config.  If you need help with that please let me know. 

Thank Daredevel, Ill try anything. If you have the time, yes please send me procedure for this site. The way I try it wasn't working. Thanks again