lag sound on ET help please

Lenovo
Go to solution Solved by Lenovo,

I just restarted my pc, I came back in age, and I have audio problems, scratch and I do not understand what it is, could it be my connection?
I deleted and reinstalled, I tried to restart the modem, and to reinstall the audio drivers, but scratch the same, it happened 2 years ago with the other connection, but it did talvota and only in wi-fi.

I went back to jay1 now, to stop scratching, but is continuing on jay3.

Edited by Lenovo

Sembro ubriaco, ora sta tornando funzionante, penso di avere alcuni demoni nel mio pc, stamattina accendo il computer, e non vedo più un disco rigido, sono pazzo a farglielo recensire, a volte lascio l'accesso al computer per settimane ricominciare solo, ma ogni volta che decido di spegnerlo per 4 o 5 ore quando lo accendo di nuovo, appare sempre un nuovo problema, ha solo 16 anni: /

Edited by Lenovo

• Leader

Can you make a recording of the sound?  A video would be ok.  Just post a link here.

Do you hear the "scratching" with the sounds that come with ET or only with the sounds that are added to jays#2 and #3 ?  ... The Movie-audio-clips, etc?

How many sound_megs do you have set?

com_soundmegs 64

it's always good, I think it's the internet line, because when I restart the router, it just works, I'll keep you updated, today it's so all day, I've already rebooted 6 times, now I just played a game on jay3, it worked, but I noticed first on jay1 that in addition to scratching the audio, even the bullets came out to a runaway rifle, and when I fired more scratched the sound

Edited by Lenovo

Try /snd_restart into console when your sound starts "scratching". I'd set soundmegs to higher value but it might depend on your PC specification whether it requires changing... You can try to set it to 128 then restart ET and see if it helps.

Check these 

seta s_channels "2"
seta s_bits "16"
seta s_wavonly "0"
seta s_defaultsound "0"
seta s_mixPreStep "0.05"
seta s_mixahead "0.2"
seta s_doppler "1"
seta s_separation "0.5"

if you never had problems before and these are ok then it's pc related

seta s_channels "2"
seta s_bits "24"
seta s_wavonly "0"
seta s_defaultsound "0"
seta s_mixPreStep "0.05"
seta s_mixahead "0.2"
seta s_khz "44"
seta s_doppler "1"
seta s_separation "0.5"
seta s_musicvolume "0"
seta s_volume "0.5"
seta s_rolloff "1.0"
seta s_min_distance "0.5"
seta s_max_distance "9999999.0"
seta s_leafnum "0"
seta s_distance "100.0"
seta s_compression "1"
seta s_loadas8bit "1"

it always worked

• Solution

maybe after a week I managed to solve, I found an article that says that with the latest updates of win 10 the realtek soundtracks croaking
driver booster had updated the version on 10/22/2018
I came back from 2 previous, I had to do some tests, I found one that works but only with normal audio, the one that I crack is the same.
At least I have no lag and drops of fps, 1 week that I become crazy, I thought it was the internet, because it was only if I watched movies on the internet and if I played at age, but if I watched a movie with vlc player, it did not happen.

I recommend to those who have problems with lag for some time, to check and possibly change version of the audio driver, sometimes an old one works better with some computers.

This advice is also valid for the avideo sched drivers, sometimes an older one is more stable and makes + FPS

Edited by Lenovo
  • Like 1

I returned to the starting point, I thought I had solved nothing, I did some research and I found some Microsoft articles, which talk about a problem related to version 1809 of win 10, after the last updates of January, the realtek cards, return a problem of audio crackling, are days when I shoot the fps and croak the sound, I tried various versions of Realtek audio drivers, and also various versions of nvidia driver, I reinstalled from backup win 10 1809, which I had saved just finished the installation, without drivers, but it was a waste of time.
I was desperate, I formatted and installed version 1803, April 2018, which has always worked.
as I use the hdmi cable with a mini-hdmi adapter and use the hdmi output of the geforce gtx 460 to connect to a TV, I also use the HDMI audio on the TV.
finally I installed the latest drivers +, when I installed nvidia driver 391.35-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

customizing the installation, I discarded, the Nvidia HD audio driver, and in doing so I kept the original one that installs win 10 when it recognizes the video card

I basically just installed the graphics driver and the nvidia control panel, I played all night, and I tried on jay1 jay2 and jay3
unfortunately I noticed that it still crackles, but the strange thing, is that it does it only on some maps, and on jay3 it almost always does it,

I tried installation from scratch and many times, I formatted, changed version of win 10, at first I thought it was my connection, but I had to change my mind, because from my tests, unfortunately this problem I get only on servers "FA".
Can someone help me?

as soon as I can, I will record at least one demo, so you can see what happens

2019-01-14-082514-fa_italy_b1.dm_84

Jay3 now

when the server is full it does a lot, when the server is semi empty like now, croa little, but as you can see the fps come down every time I shoot and croak

Edited by Lenovo

3 hours ago, ed_ said:

Check your maxpackets and rate on jay3 (more = better)

You can also reduce fps.

this is not the problem you are far from the solution if you surf in this direction, I think that on the cfg I have to teach others

• Like 1