This is weird!?

C3jZi
Go to solution Solved by Dest!Ny,

soooo i tryed to play some W:ET like usually 

i tryed to connect to the HBC hell basket etpro server and this poped up 

http://prntscr.com/l249ac

hmm its kinda weird tryed the things that its showed there didnt work also tryed to connect to other etpro servers nope isnt working
when i connect to jay 1-3 everything is fine...

could anyone assist ?

I can think of 2 simple things you can try assuming your connection is ok, and there are no server and client program error's

Use a default profile (something like /exec etconfig.cfg) or create a new profile and see if it makes a difference.

Anything else is more complicated.

PK3 cleaner (available on this website) or reinstall ET.

Maybe somebody else has a briljant idea.

Cheers Anton

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
  • Solution
2 hours ago, ElEl said:

Have you tried reading the message it gives you? It says visit ETKey.org to fix that exact error message below it.

Missing ETKEY would likely give a different message. I think the problem lies within your punkbuster installation (maybe you deleted it because someone said it wasn't needed?)

Download/install punkbuster here: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe (trusted link)

56 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Missing ETKEY would likely give a different message. I think the problem lies within your punkbuster installation (maybe you deleted it because someone said it wasn't needed?)

I think whoever wrote the error message knew this too. The first of the two options on etkey.org is to install PB.

• Like 1

• Leader

FA servers do not run PB anymore, not since they abandoned ET several years ago.

I do still have it on my system. 

PnkBstrA.exe is a win-service that runs at startup.  Starting ET probably starts PnkBstrB.  I think that punk-B will show that error if it does not find punk-A.  

You can reinstall PBuster or uninstall it altogether.  

If either of those 'fix' the problem, then the problem becomes, why did a service disappear?  Would a sys-reboot have run it like normal?

ADDED...TBS says that c3jzi's error-server is running PB...some others are marked 'pb' too.

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1