WinMTR issue

Vindstot

On 6/24/2019 at 11:15 PM, Vindstot said:

Update

DD helped me with Teamviewer and tried to solve this issue. He did what he could, but unfortunatelly my problem still stands. It is beyond me, and not from my side. My ISP is blocking it, and I cant do much about it

So this problem of mine will not be solved it seems

Thanks for anyone who tried to help me

I'm sorry to hear that.

Glad we were of help.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Some routers filter pings such as tracert winmtr ping the * * *'s really don't mean anything

from looking at your response times from google and to yahoo it's close by if your connecting after the * * * with low latency 

if you never had lag before on jay3 and this is new and on going it's possible either the router is expiring or the cables from your home are becoming ineffective or worn out due to weather bugs or animals 

login to your router check the system logs and event logs for issues like if the status of the RF Parameters show a frequency drop +/- 25-50% then it's the router going out

If your unable or unsure of how to check your router then you definitely need to get a technician from your isp to come out and check your service lines and router they can test for breaks/problems outside with out digging with certain devices

I do want to say this modem is not made for gaming it's made for small home/office even with max settings it will still have downfalls and that this router is supported up to Windows 7 meaning it's very old and possibly needing a change.

Instead of going through a lot of trouble for $20 router that is possibly about to expire try to look for one that is newer even a used one possibly from eBay that isn't old for $20

Cause with a max settings your upstream and downstream is probably chocking on the lines power if it's fiber optic meaning the carriers are feeding more power through the lines these days and old devices will be affected by it.

If our can post a screen shot of the routers Status and Logs of the inbound and outbound dBmV RF Frequency to see if there is problems outside id be glad to help