Ideas to improve =F|A= Insurgency servers?

Krusnik87

This topic is mainly adressed to our fellow members and regulars on our Insurgency servers.

If you have any idea in order to increase our fun out there, please let us know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kill feed? maybe remove it , will make it more fun if we have to check whether the enemy is killed as the original game.

(plus kill feed makes me jealous of people stealing my kills,.........just saying  :P )

• Like 1

We should plan a time where everyone has free time and wants to have fun and play INS, a bit like gamedays you could call it, or something idk. It will help members and regulars gather and have fun together rather than playing solo or duo on the servers. 

Note that max no.of players on each server may become a issue.

• Like 1

Kill feed? maybe remove it , will make it more fun if we have to check whether the enemy is killed as the original game.

(plus kill feed makes me jealous of people stealing my kills,.........just saying  :P )

Well it won't change the fact that someone else did "steal" your frag! However considering we have two servers, having one more "hardcore" isn't a bad idea I agree with this idea.

We should plan a time where everyone has free time and wants to have fun and play INS, a bit like gamedays you could call it, or something idk. It will help members and regulars gather and have fun together rather than playing solo or duo on the servers. 

Note that max no.of players on each server may become a issue.

For the time being it could be a good idea to at least submit a poll to see how many players players can join depending on the hours and days too. On another note, Source (the engine used to make Insurgency)

can also allow us to modify the gravity at will, could be a fun feature too.

But, from what i've seen, it looks like we have to modify the gravity for one player at a time. Thus maybe doing a script could be good. Dunno if we could affect bots with it too yet. 

• Like 1

Well it won't change the fact that someone else did "steal" your frag! However considering we have two servers, having one more "hardcore" isn't a bad idea I agree with this idea.

For the time being it could be a good idea to at least submit a poll to see how many players players can join depending on the hours and days too. On another note, Source (the engine used to make Insurgency)

can also allow us to modify the gravity at will, could be a fun feature too.

But, from what i've seen, it looks like we have to modify the gravity for one player at a time. Thus maybe doing a script could be good. Dunno if we could affect bots with it too yet. 

i have changed the gravity in the past by my admin commands in INS. so that wont be a prob  i think. It changed for whole team, same like ET.

• Like 2

i have changed the gravity in the past by my admin commands in INS. so that wont be a prob  i think. It changed for whole team, same like ET.

:o And does it affect as much as in ET like jumping and almost flying all over the place?

:o And does it affect as much as in ET like jumping and almost flying all over the place?

yeah but not as much as ET , cause i kept it on very low mode, need to check it when some of admins are online to test it .

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Please re-add Survival to the hardcore server. It doesn't get played a lot, but once in a while its a great gamemode if you have a solid group that wants to do it. The beginner server has the hardest gamemode in the game still but we cant have it on our hardcore server?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at armory's suggestion an idea popped up . Like make a Boss bot the hardest, and other bots difficulty ranging from lowest to the boss. I know it sounds more like an rpg but is a fun idea. And maybe an award for nading/torching/c4'ing the boss bot. for more difficulty can make the boss bot a bit more smart about understanding the trajectory/blast radius of the nade and it tries it best to avoid it( incen not allowed i guess).

lastly i don't know if any of the above suggestions are possible but maybe try it for a day.

Looking at armory's suggestion an idea popped up . Like make a Boss bot the hardest, and other bots difficulty ranging from lowest to the boss. I know it sounds more like an rpg but is a fun idea. And maybe an award for nading/torching/c4'ing the boss bot. for more difficulty can make the boss bot a bit more smart about understanding the trajectory/blast radius of the nade and it tries it best to avoid it( incen not allowed i guess).

lastly i don't know if any of the above suggestions are possible but maybe try it for a day.

Wow hum... Bot scripts can have their difficulty level increased during the advancement of the map. But this is only for all of the bots at same time, as far as I know, it's not possible to have one super bot. Unless we change entirely the game with specific spawn points, dedicated for specific bots... That would mean editing all the maps too... Hum... Your idea is pretty much to transform this game into an entirely new one :)

/!\ Not that i don't find your idea fun... just that it would require NWI developpers kick in to grant your wish :/

• Like 1

Wow hum... Bot scripts can have their difficulty level increased during the advancement of the map. But this is only for all of the bots at same time, as far as I know, it's not possible to have one super bot. Unless we change entirely the game with specific spawn points, dedicated for specific bots... That would mean editing all the maps too... Hum... Your idea is pretty much to transform this game into an entirely new one :)

/!\ Not that i don't find your idea fun... just that it would require NWI developpers kick in to grant your wish :/

Hmm, its like a mod lol, no need of that, right now :P 

• Platinum VIP

is it possible to delete the bot with the sks who always headshotted people ? is very annoying, expecially when you started and already dead in 1-2 seconds a hs... today i had it twice at the begin of the game, without a shot, 2 hs through a bot with a sks. in 1-2 seconds..

is it possible to delete the bot with the sks who always headshotted people ? is very annoying, expecially when you started and already dead in 1-2 seconds a hs... today i had it twice at the begin of the game, without a shot, 2 hs through a bot with a sks. in 1-2 seconds..

It is not possible to delete the bot with the sks... At least not as it is, as the weapons are given randomly to bots. 

I think you were playing on server 2 (Hardcore) right? If you want to start getting used to Insurgency, I would highly recommend that you play a bit on server 1 (Recruiting, previously named: beginners). Carefull though! On server 1 players can change bot count and difficulty. As a result you can end up playing with the same level of difficulty as server 2.

Server 3 is interresting (pvp) but depending on the map, you can get headshotted within few seconds too (and players can be far more aggressive too). 

Thanks for your interrest on Insurgency though! :)

And if you ever have a suggestion, feel free to post it here!

• Like 1

since the teamkill rule lately is changed, maybe it's me but i have the feeling teamkill ratio is gone way up..  some sort of punishment fair..   maybe make it fun (not sure its even possible) when you teamkill 3 times you only are allowed to use knife for a time..   24 hours IP sensitve.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure on which server this may fit for fun, but it's a great mod man, unfortunately only 5 can play at a time. But its a great idea, here's the link to it, and its been featured on NWI livestreams with the author too, its too fun to be true.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635348562&searchtext=army+of+five

• Like 3