I´m looking for a new computercase

I was actually looking at the Corsair Obsidian 800 a few days ago. I agree, it has some of the best cable management I've seen in a case. I'm not sure bout the vent system though, but it seems that it would do a good job. Then again if I remember right the Antec 900 does a pretty good job itself at hiding cables. The 900 two steps up cable management even more from the original.

If you haven't done so already, Wreck is around here somewhere and posted a couple of pic's of his build. It's one of the cleanest I've seen and he did a good job staying with a red/black color theme. Check it out here 800d Red and Black

Just keep in mind it's a steel case, so it's damn heavy. If you want to LAN party...start lifting weights

You may also want to check out the coolermaster cosmos. It has pretty decent cable routing as well http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2692

:thanks alot ...wow i also never ever saw box with cablemanagement like wrecks one...he did a really good job :yahoo but i think its not so difficult with that case...please im very interested in what case r u using?...when i bought it i will tell u more infos...may u buy it too:-)the coolermaster is also awesome...hm...hard desition..i think i´ll take the corsair(cuz the pics of wrecks box:-)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thanks alot ...wow i also never ever saw box with cablemanagement like wrecks one...he did a really good job :yahoo but i think its not so difficult with that case...please im very interested in what case r u using?...when i bought it i will tell u more infos...may u buy it too:-)the coolermaster is also awesome...hm...hard desition..i think i´ll take the corsair(cuz the pics of wrecks box:-)

Lol how much cable management do you need. If its not obstructing air flow so I wouldn't worry about it then, because cable managements purpose is just to help reduce obstructions. But if you want it for looks, your Antec 900 can be easily modded. Just look at this guys Antec 900 case.

1868666100_effa655db5.jpg

Here is also a vid of how he did it --> What tools he used to mod too. Its extremely simple procedure that takes like 5 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnePBkCor1E

Lol how much cable management do you need. If its not obstructing air flow so I wouldn't worry about it then, because cable managements purpose is just to help reduce obstructions. But if you want it for looks, your Antec 900 can be easily modded. Just look at this guys Antec 900 case.

1868666100_effa655db5.jpg

Here is also a vid of how he did it --> What tools he used to mod too. Its extremely simple procedure that takes like 5 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnePBkCor1E

i tried often times but my cables wont get behind the tray:-)at the vid it looks very easy...but at me it sadly doesn´t work.but thx onion..I place much value on your opinion :thanks

i tried often times but my cables wont get behind the tray:-)at the vid it looks very easy...but at me it sadly doesn´t work.but thx onion..I place much value on your opinion :thanks

Np its all good. I can try to find a case for you if you want? Just send me ur budget. But the corsair obsidian should be plenty of room

Or you can get an Azza Solano 1000 for like $100 ish. Thundercunt got that case for under that price on newegg ( I believe $79.99 ) and it looks great.

Size wise it is a full ATX. The Antec 900 is advertised as a mid ATX case. I think this should do the trick (ask thundercunt for more info. He can show you his comp and he is like the god of cable management from what i seen lol)

37876_6.jpg

As you can see there is 5 slots for your cables to go behind the case (it will be squeeky clean)

37876_1.jpg

Np its all good. I can try to find a case for you if you want? Just send me ur budget. But the corsair obsidian should be plenty of room

Or you can get an Azza Solano 1000 for like $100 ish. Thundercunt got that case for under that price on newegg ( I believe $79.99 ) and it looks great.

Size wise it is a full ATX. The Antec 900 is advertised as a mid ATX case. I think this should do the trick (ask thundercunt for more info. He can show you his comp and he is like the god of cable management from what i seen lol)

37876_6.jpg

As you can see there is 5 slots for your cables to go behind the case (it will be squeeky clean)

37876_1.jpg

good morning bro

at first thx alot and thx for ur offer to find a case for me...that case azza solano looks great.but i cant find it in germany :mellow: ..i looked at amazon and other hardwaresites i know but i cant find it..maybe its only in America and not in europe available :(

in the night a friend of mine told me that he find the corsair for about 20 % less :) and what can i say: i ordered it!!!i had to do it :wub:

okay thank u all guys...that´s it.....

but i know me...in the nearly future i need some more noobstuff:-) and i would very happy for your opinion again

Personally I've been using a Lian Li PC-60+ for the last 5 years. Mainly because it's so easy to work on and take apart. Looks wise it's about as plain as you can get, but with a nice brushed finish.

With thumb screws you can take the case apart down to the frame. Removable mobo tray, etc. One of the reasons I dislike it is actually because of the cable management. While it's a great case, cable management wasn't in the original design. I had never even though about Corsair cases until I saw Wrecks build. That Obsidian looks like a great case. Also I'm a fan of Silverstone cases, which are usually high quality, but generally damn expensive. Take a look at the Raven series sometime.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV02&area=usa

If you do get a new case, post some pics of your build when your done.

yeah thx alot for ur opinion...i like lian li cases so much, but with sidewindow and cablemanagement the cheapest one cost around 400€.and thats too much for me..my friend call me now a supernoob cause i spend so much money in a case:-(for 400€ they would kill me <_<

i saw that raven-series from silverstone..looks great..but i think the corsair looks more elegance and the raven more powerfull:-)and now im too old for power:-)i take the elegance...hahaha..i ordered the corsair last night for 235€..normal price in germany is about 280€..so i think i made a good deal...i show u pics when i have it...again thx for replies :yahoo

have a nice weekend:-)

IMHO antec900 is one of the best for air cooling when taking into consideration price/performance. I would keep an eye out for the 600T from corsair for air cooling also has great potential and sexy design. If you are going water any of the higher end cases are hard to beat. Personally my love is for the corsair 800 for water cooling. Sexy case all around.

Antec 1200 is a bad case for noise level and cable management. The new HAF X case JUSt came out and is 199, its cable management rivals, if not surpasses the 800D and its cheaper.