starting exercise/getting myself in fit

P8rpl3h4z3

ok so i just ran cooper test.....1725m, yeah bad i know, dont worry i didnt get a single heart attack

i want to raise it by a 500/1000m in next spring, so  i wanna run cooper over 2200m maybe 2,7km in spring.

can be too hard to achieve but thats my goal.

i quited smoking yeasterday and i hope it last this time,

ditched beer too, gonna be harder than smoke :)

next beer at my birthday i hope

so i wanna ask ur guidance to achieve my goal, including exercise tips (pls no gym) some food n drink tips etc.

thx for help :)

• Like 5

Would be cool to know your goal to achive at final stage, easier to help u with that only, do u intend to work only on stamina or do u intend to make your body shaped, do u want to live healthy or want to set up some muscle mass as well?

Considering u ran already for over 1.5km at first stage it means that u already have some decent stamina, i assume u had some breaks inbetween by walking as well?

If your goal is only to run cooper for 2.7-3km then u dont need a lot of work to do, as that's mostly just to work your indurance and your leg muscles, basic one would be, set yourself daily running routine, which would make it 1-3-5km of running/walking progress, u dont need to run always, u can have a minute of pause as well, so long u achive entire running distance u will set yourself. U have to make your body get used to it and make it fit both in stamina and leg muscles, so it can handle constant running for the distance u want. I would recommend u to do a mix between cardio workout and some gym as well, just to give some power boost towards your calves and tights muscles, as for your stamina, the normal running/cycling will do the tricks, hills can do a wonders as well if u have any nearby, great to improve your stamina, indurance and work on your leg muscles at same time.

For day to day, ditch all beers, all sweets and all sugar drinks, use google and find your local suppliment shop with proteins, make some research and read about it, order urself some basic suppliment with proteins, so u can drink it before and after training to maximize the working process, BCAA does wonders as well, as it work directly into your muscles and any extra fat to burn it even better.

Try to set your food meals to 4-5 meals per day, starting at morning with proteins and some natural fat, eggs and the likes of cashews will do the trick, after your training, u can have protein sheik and eat carbs, such as rice with some chicken, at dinner, u can mix with veggies and fish, making sure that u give your body what u need most. Otherwise use google, as there's milions of guides on how to schedule your working system towards specified workout u intend to do. If its only for running, it's pretty simple, as u just have to add more and longer running for your body to get used to it, which would make 4-5 days per week of cardio or 4 days of cardio with one day of weights and 2 days of rest, repeating that will proceed your indurance and make u run longer with less efforts.

• Like 2

Would be cool to know your goal to achive at final stage, easier to help u with that only, do u intend to work only on stamina or do u intend to make your body shaped, do u want to live healthy or want to set up some muscle mass as well?

mainly wanna increase stamina and lose some weight, about 20kilos so i would be near 100kg.

i dont rly care about muscle/body shaping, i do have a physical job (carpenter/concrete works), so that'll do what needs to be done in that

thx for the tips, one of main reason i posted this was to avoid google :P since there are millions of guides :blink:

edit: oh yeah i wanna be able to play ice hockey longer than 1min

mainly wanna increase stamina and lose some weight, about 20kilos so i would be near 100kg.

i dont rly care about muscle/body shaping, i do have a physical job (carpenter/concrete works), so that'll do what needs to be done in that

thx for the tips, one of main reason i posted this was to avoid google :P since there are millions of guides :blink:

edit: oh yeah i wanna be able to play ice hockey longer than 1min

In my expertise, your weight is too much for running imo, u will make more damage than benefits over it, considering the force on your knee's is too big, specially if u are road running, i would recommend u to start with bike (outside now that its summer or if u can get a spinner for inside) as it's easier on the knee's and the profit is same, since u burn calories and not adding a lot of pressure on your leg parts. Make some research on fat burners, they will do wonders for you at starters and give u increased power at trainings, would even recommend more hills over running at least u drop some weight down.

• Like 2

In my expertise, your weight is too much for running imo, u will make more damage than benefits over it, considering the force on your knee's is too big, specially if u are road running, i would recommend u to start with bike (outside now that its summer or if u can get a spinner for inside) as it's easier on the knee's and the profit is same, since u burn calories and not adding a lot of pressure on your leg parts. Make some research on fat burners, they will do wonders for you at starters and give u increased power at trainings, would even recommend more hills over running at least u drop some weight down.

I agree totaly! Especially if you dont want indoor (as you posted in 1st post) cycling will be the first stap besides calory restriction

• Like 1

congrats on quiting smoking...running along with walking good..jogging is bad..my bother in-law jogged for years..had to have hip surgery..from impact of it at 50 years old...beer won't hurt you if you got willpower..moderation is key..I partake beer or wine ever 2 or 3 days..using your will is good exercise too :) good luck

• Like 1

i was considering to go to gym for spinner since i dont have a good bike.

started with lil walk, about 40mins n 3km

ditching beer probly make lose weight 10kg in first month ;)

• Like 1

Whatever you decide to do stick with it, don't just make this a diet make a lifestyle change so you can keep your results! I decided to change my eating habbits and started working out a year ago.. lost 30 lbs, and put on muscle mass, and I've been able to maintain that.   Eat lots of veggies avoid all processed foods, NO pop, avoid sugar! Make sure you are feeding your body though, lots of protein, healthy fats.

• Like 1

I simply train so I can eat everything :P but indeed ofcourse running makes you burn fat a lot see how skinny those marathon runners are but personally I prefer a mix 1 condition 2 strenght and 3 in my case kickbox / indoor football to also stay atlethic and sort of flexible practice 1 to much either you will become very skinny or very musscled so you hardly have any flexibility left a combination of all 3 seems for me in any case the best to stay fit and the best way to perform good in the sports I do 

• Like 1

with regards to quittiing beer, it can be hard if you really like it. today is my 11th day with no beer. i cut out all sugar from my diet, where possible i replaced it with honey.

as for the exercise, dont just run, you can swim, cycle, row etc. there's many low impact high effect exercise you can do. swimming against a current is Really good, if you have access to a river or the sea. cross trainer's are good for cardio.

spend some time in a steam room to help your body rid its self of all the toxins we get from smoking.

eat anything you like, you stopped beer, stopped smoking, thats good. dont cut back on food, if anything, eat more. just try avoid processed foods or food that's been bleached, white break, white pasta. if you drink tea, note that tea bags are bleached white.

once i'm a few months clear of not drinking, i'll tackle the smoking side.

since ditching beer, im hungrier. eating in the mornings now, which i've really not done for 6+ years.

• Like 2

I am not an expert on diet, but what's said about that sounds very reasonable to me. I myself started not too long ago too with exercising, and I found that it is important to keep a steady schedule. Even if you don't feel like doing certain things, after you're done you are going to be satisfied that you end up doing it anyways. Once you skip once for whatever reason, it becomes a lot easier to skip the next time, which is not what you want. 

Exercising together with friends helped me a lot personally with keeping up, working on myself.

• Like 1

Good idea, but if ur actual goal is to lose weight then there's one proper way to do it and thats using HIIT training, which is at nowadays primary way of working out to shred your body and burn your fat with crazy results, if u are not familiar with HIIT trainings, please read this article as it will explain u everything u need to know about it:

http://dailyburn.com/life/fitness/high-intensity-hiit-workout/

U can do HIIT workout on various ways, two most commons are short sprints outside, and spinner inside, which are by far the most effective as well, the idea of this workout is to put maximum workout at short period of time onto your body to achive shock effect and make your body burn calories up to 48h after your HIIT workout was done.

Combine that with 2 days of weight lifting and a healthy way of living and in matter of months u will see amazing progress, but u have to stick to that, without any cheating, ditch beer, ditch cigs, sugar drinks, any fast food, carbs are good after workout, so eating rice with chicken filets and some veggies after workout will make your body use it in the best way.

U really should be searching a bit on inet as theres soooooooo many articles about various of diets, workouts and weekly plans for beginners, make research on fat burners as well, which will give u better results at workouts itself and increase your stamina.

• Like 1

Make it easy for yourself. Do this:

Drink only water.

Cut sugar and starchy carbs from your diet. (that means fruit too)  

Walk everyday 1 hour.

Pick up some weights.

• Like 1