Trump responds to Hitler comparison

SjaaKTreKHaaK

Donald Trump on Tuesday addressed criticism of a new practice at his rallies that has been compared to the "Heil" salute from Nazi Germany, dismissing the controversy as "ridiculous" before saying he would look into ending it.

"I don't know about the Hitler comparison. I hadn't heard that, but it's a terrible comparison. I'm not happy about that certainly," Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Recently, Trump has started asking voters to raise their right hand and pledge to support him -- creating an image that some have argued evokes the rise of Adolf Hitler, particularly when coupled with his sharp rhetoric toward minority groups like Mexicans and Muslims.

• Like 2

it's all about HIM..he is a xenophobe with racist followers..an attention whore..with vague ideas that are not remotely able to be done irl as being a president..foolish people think he cares about the little ants(the people)  (edited for clarity)

Edited by Raskin
  • Like 3

He's not even racist though. Maybe a bit of a xenophobe but not racist. Where do people get that idea? 

• Like 1

I would be more concerned about the puppeteers that run the whole show, not just here in the U.S. either.

Holy Crap.... Chum.... Long time no see.

But yeah... it's a sad state of affairs when all of the choices ... well... SUCK!

The career politicians learned nothing from the last election. The people are tired of politicians that have corporations backing them to push their agenda. The result is people flocking to Trump.

As far as the whole Hitler nazi salute.... meh...

There is Trump using a "I do so swear" bit that is seen in our courts every day. The idiots in the crowd raising their arms all the way up seemed to start as people not paying attention and hearing "put your hand up" and doing so. It also looked to be in a "wave" where a few did it and the rest of them did it in response to seeing those in front of them. Sort of a monkey see - monkey do thing.

I'm defending Trump because I'm a Republican bastard? Naaawwww... I don't support any party. I consider myself an American who backs the best American for the job whether it is local or national elections. I even voted against my own cousin before because of his political stances and following the party line.

Career politicians are the problem.

• Like 6

Career politicians are the problem.

A part of the problem. And not always a problem. Making a career out of politics really isn't that strange. Like all jobs, you learn it by doing. In my eyes, the issues in America are:

-campaign finance being bought, manipulation of the peoples will away from the issues to unimportant personality questions like the raising of a hand;

-ethnic and religious tensions (as it counts for the entire world);

-left and right not compromising but taking extremes, 2 parties being pushed to the opposite sides of the political spectrum;

-a big part of the population denying undeniable truths and showing it in their voting behavior (creationism being false - disclaimer: I'm not an atheist, slow destruction of the environment).

I think people should not vote for Trump and it has nothing to do with ridiculous Hitler hand questions. These things are just being used by Trump to lead away the real critics:

-The right to bear arms increases murder rates. Europe murder rate: 3.0 (no right to bear arms). U.S.A. murder rate: 3.8 (right to bear arms). Now I know it's not as simple as this and there may be other explications. It all comes down on whether or not you believe giving people guns will enforce peace. I, for myself, think education brings peace, guns don't. But this far I can see I was just told different things because I'm part of a different culture. Fact stays that if we wouldn't produce and export this many guns (Belgium is helping a good hand), people would be less likely to kill with them. Clubbing people really is more difficult, I've been told.

-The Hitler comparison: Trumps behavior has a fascist tone to it. Arguments: fascism is all about the superiority of one nation over another. Although Trump emphasizes that he loves Mexicans, Chinese and Russians, his policy would be "Americans first". I'm all for protecting your own people, but I also think global empathy is very important for international relations. He would stop migration and build a "wall" on the border with mexico. Anyone thought about what you can do with the money this would cost? I'll tell you: educate people so they have life projects and don't wander the streets without a goal.

He's not a fascist, but yes. I see why people compare him with fascists. Stopping migration is like saying: "Solve it yourself. You can't? Your problem, leave us alone."

"We are the only nation in the world who puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own" (found on his websitehttps://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_net_migration_rate. 

-Foreign policy: Trump likes talking about "bombing the hell out of ISIS". Nato is already bombing Syrians. Hundreds and hundreds of people were killed by those bombings, including many innocent people (http://www.vocativ.com/news/254506/how-many-civilians-has-the-u-s-killed-bombing-isis/). He also wants "Putin to bomb them". Good idea: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/three-syrian-hospitals-bombed-since-russian-airstrikes-began-doctors-say

Comparable movements are going up in the polls here in Europe. I will be fighting them as long as no one proofs me wrong. I'll always be open for arguments, but as long as I see a tendency towards more violence and discrimination of some people I will be talking against it.

Truly hope this doesn't go out of hand. Please all talk politely to one another or before you know staff+ will close the topic :) I think this is a very important discussion and it's good people are having it. Politics are important, government rules a very important part of our lives. The one saying he's a retard and the other saying he's a god really aint gonna make us understand one another :P

• Like 2

Either way I'll suffer media deprivation after election..weather I like new president or not...what will my favorite political satire shows talk about? What boring news stories I will have to endure? I remember the last election..when was over my eyes died ..true XD