Laptop Opinion

GraveDigger

I am going to be buying a laptop in 5 or 6 weeks and I wanted to know what models you guys would want to buy. I will have about 700.00 to spend on it. Of course if I spent less , that would be better.

The thing is this, I am going to be working on the road and living in hotels and it will be my primary source of entertainment so I need to be able to play some games on the thing. I would also rather spend the money and have a better system so that I wont need to replace it in 18 months.

Get hat i have Alienware u can get some on the web maybe for less than 700.00 idk got mine for 1,000.00 but it was new and it was good worth it.

P.s : there the best gaming laptops in the world and run super fast lol!

Alienware has pretty much the best computers in general (not just laptops :P)

But yea, If you can afford an alienware laptop, that would be the best option. :)

Alienware == highend Dells so if you can't afford an alienware laptop I'd recommend something like a Dell studio, xps or studio xps. I have last years Studio XPS and am really happy with it.

• Like 1

I am going to be buying a laptop in 5 or 6 weeks and I wanted to know what models you guys would want to buy. I will have about 700.00 to spend on it. Of course if I spent less , that would be better.

The thing is this, I am going to be working on the road and living in hotels and it will be my primary source of entertainment so I need to be able to play some games on the thing. I would also rather spend the money and have a better system so that I wont need to replace it in 18 months.

Here you go, a $649.99 gaming laptop

This is probably the cheapest laptop that is capable of running games on low-med (srry couldn't find anything better)

Lenovo Ideapad Y550 Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 4GB 320GB 15.6IN 1366X768 GeForce GT130M HDMI Vista Premium

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42579&vpn=41867BU&manufacture=Lenovo&promoid=1114

The GT 130M is the equivalent to the 9600M GT. Performs the same but the 130M is more energy efficient.

From Notebookcheck.com:

Modern Warfare at ~181 fps on low and ~67 fps on medium settings.

Crysis at ~ 61 fps on low and ~32 fps on medium settings

LFD ~ 63 fps on high.

Counter Strike Source ~ 200 fps on high.

Borderlands ~ 35 fps on high 1366 x 768 (not from notebookcheck)

Metro 2033 ~ 39 fps on medium no AA 1280x720 (not from notebookcheck)

Make sure it has a graphics card if you want to do any type of gaming. Unless you are going to spend alot you will probably get a slower computer with an alienware. I'm not sure though. I don't know what they cost. Dell make some good laptops though. Lenovo, which used to be IBM, make awesome laptops. I loved my Thinkpad with all metal case with a magnesium cage inside holding all of its internals. It had an old x1400 ati card and could power ET on my 28" monitor when my desktop was being worked on.

I now have a 4gb i5 laptop that is awesome, but without a videocard there is no way it could play ET at any acceptable framerates (76-125). I dislike HP's because it's hard as hell to find out what the hell is actually in your computer when trying to download drivers after fixing all of my friends laptops.

im also going to buy a new laptop . . . a bit later on ...probably on august

im thinking to buy a hp dv6 ...a new version is coming out this summer (looks [just a bit] like a mac)

i think it costs between 700-800€

Guest R..pace!

Well i found some one ebay for cheap !

Ya man, Ebay rulez

If you're gonna get an alienware laptop might as well sell your desktop cuz you're never gonna go on it again: it's gonna look like a pocket calculator compared to the laptopwink.gif (unless you have a powerful desktop)