Do you have an interesting job?

SunSet

• Leader
On 9/15/2023 at 4:41 AM, RedBaird said:

It is no wonder that the Japanese have to "decompress" after work! 

On second thought, I hope all those passengers are getting off the train at the same stop! 😮 

• Leader
On 8/4/2023 at 3:12 AM, amovos said:

Lol! You can still unroll the whole thing and re-roll it ^^ 

I hope that they don't have any cats around to catch rats! 😮   TP is easier to unroll than it is to catch mice & rats! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My real job is selling 3D printer parts, but outside of work I relax by playing W:ET, Call of Duty Series, Counter Strike: Series, Minecraft, Insurgency, DOI, etc. online.

Edited by SunSet
removed link
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Remkus said:

My real job is selling 3D printer parts, but outside of work I relax by playing W:ET, Call of Duty Series, Counter Strike: Series, Minecraft, Insurgency, DOI, etc. online.

Be more specific with this 3D printer parts part 🤔 I happen to buy 3D printer parts often. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im violin maker, but sometimes i have extra help and after the job, the drink to relax! Thanks Jazz!

wd40.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, Sisje said:

Shipper and receiver since I moved to Canada, love my babies. Since I work for a small company my actual forklift driving is fairly limited (however I get to move buildings with the big forklift and usually someone else handling the crane). Besides that I get to help all my coworkers. Finishing and also the electricians recently. (My favorite part - I made the item in the attached picture not fully finished yet as I didn't get the parts) Also trying to partly work my way into QA as an office job does sound more interesting in the future. I like to learn as much as I can as in construction it will help in real life, now I can do my own caulking for example 😆

Sisje ! Havent seen u in a while, hope you are enjoying Canada so far.

• 100 1

• Leader
12 hours ago, Sisje said:

I get to move buildings with the big forklift

That sounds like much bigger "forking" than I ever did!  😮 

That's a big forklift on the right.  I have only driven forks like the 2 on the left side!

What is that electronic thing that you are building there?  :hmm 

My job is kinda interesting. Boring but interesting. 

I’m ina metal stamping facility for car parts. I do not run the presses (that’s a darn lie, I run them often due to short staffing) but I am technically the leader of the maintenance department. So my job is to ensure all the equipment and building its self is up, running, and functioning. If something breaks. They try to fix, if they cannot they go through the tool and die repair department and if they cannot figure it out. Then it’s my turn, so I shouldn’t say boring. But I mean that very lightly. It just simply sucks lol. 😂 it’s not a fun time being the “google” of the machines.

let me emphasize too that, 2 entire other departments try to work on them before I get to it. So 99% of the time, it’s MORE broken than the original problem it had in the first place. 

I get told often my job is “interesting” so here 😛 

IMG_3471.jpeg

Just now, Shoresy said:

My job is kinda interesting. Boring but interesting. 

I’m ina metal stamping facility for car parts. I do not run the presses (that’s a darn lie, I run them often due to short staffing) but I am technically the leader of the maintenance department. So my job is to ensure all the equipment and building its self is up, running, and functioning. If something breaks. They try to fix, if they cannot they go through the tool and die repair department and if they cannot figure it out. Then it’s my turn, so I shouldn’t say boring. But I mean that very lightly. It just simply sucks lol. 😂 it’s not a fun time being the “google” of the machines.

let me emphasize too that, 2 entire other departments try to work on them before I get to it. So 99% of the time, it’s MORE broken than the original problem it had in the first place. 

I get told often my job is “interesting” so here 😛 

IMG_3471.jpeg

Wasn’t even the picture I tried to upload lol. 

It works though

IMG_2620.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

11 hours ago, RedBaird said:

That sounds like much bigger "forking" than I ever did!  😮 

That's a big forklift on the right.  I have only driven forks like the 2 on the left side!

What is that electronic thing that you are building there?  :hmm 

The big forklift can lift up to 32000lbs. The last building we got weighted was already 60000lbs and wasn't even close to finished yet. A company with a big ass crane will be coming when we're shipping that one (jealous as it seems like fun 😅) definitely like how challenging it gets because regular forklift driving is pretty easy eh? (Or maybe it's just me). The yellow one is my favorite as it's the most comfortable to sit in and a little tricky with the pedals 😁

The electronic item is a panel that goes into a electrical cabinet.

@dju definitely like Canada, it's pretty hard work wise though because I'm used to more holidays and more money 😅 now I'm just tired all the time 😴😴 but personal wise, managed to buy a house and adopt a rescue dog which is the best! 💖 Summer is too hot and winter too cold however we can't complain about winter this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

22 hours ago, Sisje said:

The big forklift can lift up to 32000lbs. The last building we got weighted was already 60000lbs and wasn't even close to finished yet. A company with a big ass crane will be coming when we're shipping that one (jealous as it seems like fun 😅) definitely like how challenging it gets because regular forklift driving is pretty easy eh? (Or maybe it's just me). The yellow one is my favorite as it's the most comfortable to sit in and a little tricky with the pedals 😁

The electronic item is a panel that goes into a electrical cabinet.

@dju definitely like Canada, it's pretty hard work wise though because I'm used to more holidays and more money 😅 now I'm just tired all the time 😴😴 but personal wise, managed to buy a house and adopt a rescue dog which is the best! 💖 Summer is too hot and winter too cold however we can't complain about winter this year

Haha I feel this. We got a fork lift that can lift up to 40ton so 80k lb. Thing sits like a monster truck and the back has adjustable weights you can add and remove along with slide out to counter the balance of the load out. 

we have several cranes throughout the building as well 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

I currently refine lithium into a concentration that is acceptable for batteries.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

I’m a sleeper team on road supervisor for ups - I manage 118 sleeper drivers (2 drivers, 1 truck across the country). Most of my job is compliance, monitoring, accident investigation/reporting and payroll - so not too terribly exciting. 

But then there are times where I get to actually build sets, or haul loads and drive. So that’s fun 

• Like 2