ET Server Suggestion Silent 1 maps

Maximo Decimo

4 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

I have mixed feelings about this.

Those are the most played maps. I get that it might be annoying to play them every night, but people keep voting for those…

Personally I’d like nothing more than to remove Supply (people know what I think of this map 😏). But I never touched it because it’s in the top 3 most popular ones.

We do want to give people the option to play new maps, but I’m not sure that forcing them will bring results. Keeping players on server is important.

The current trend I see is that there are 5-6 maps overplayed, most popular. Another 6 maps which are played sometimes, maybe once an evening. And the rest of the maps are (almost) never played. 

The way I see it, map rotation usually applies to the later 2 categories, but not to the first one which has the top maps.

It was worth a shot lol

Its not so much annoying, but its the same maps on repeat. I know once said map is played, it won't be listed again until after the reset. A couple things we might implement is increasing the reset on the most popular maps? Can certain maps have a longer grace period more than others? Or does the whole rotation have to be the same? I believe its 8 cycles? Or 6?

• Like 1

I’ll do an update of the maps next week.

And since Halloween is near, do you have any Halloween theme maps you guys want to see?

Haunted Mansion will definitely make an appearance. But if you think of others…

18 hours ago, Magi said:

It was worth a shot lol

Its not so much annoying, but its the same maps on repeat. I know once said map is played, it won't be listed again until after the reset. A couple things we might implement is increasing the reset on the most popular maps? Can certain maps have a longer grace period more than others? Or does the whole rotation have to be the same? I believe its 8 cycles? Or 6?

Cycle rotation has changed in the past. It was every 5 maps, then it went up to 10 maps. Last I checked I think it was every 7 maps. So you’re right, around 6 or 8 ^_^

But I don’t know if we can specify longer cycle for specific maps. We can (and do) set certain maps to appear depending on the number of players though. Will look into it to see if that’s possible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

I’ll do an update of the maps next week.

And since Halloween is near, do you have any Halloween theme maps you guys want to see?

Haunted Mansion will definitely make an appearance. But if you think of others…

Warbell's on rotation

Resurrection

UJE Halloween

UJE Hells gate beta 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i´ll give my 2 cents here about gold rush. 

It´s good to have a "new" gold rush map, however, considering axis are stacked the most of time and gold rush is a hard map to alllies, i think it would be good to get back to gals. 

Now, strategically speaking: 

Gold Rush_TE - Tank stops before and do not need to repair truck (correct me if i´m wrong), however, it´s very hard to get inside and catch gold, axis close the door and job is finished by them;

Gold Rush Gals - Tank stops near axis base, however, we do have a second entry and more fun, becoz allies will push into it (i´m speaking by myself) and make pressure. This gave a chance to see more allies victory than losses. 

So, +1 for gals. 

• Like 4

Some 🎃Halloween🎃 map updates

Maps added:

Haunted Mansion

Resurrection

UJE Halloween

UJE Hells Gate

Warbell

Supply Pro (night version of the usual Supply Depot)

Maps removed:

Supply Depot

Baserace

Cathedral

Tramfight

Ice

Reactor

17 hours ago, !MX said:

So, +1 for gals. 

I'll switch TE for GALS in the next update then.

Last poll I did, both maps got the same amount of votes, more or less.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, Renegade Pig said:

Add MLB Temple

I was thinking of adding the MLB Xmas version end of November, but maybe I'll add the normal version in the next update too.
Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• 3 weeks later...

- Remove Supply Pro (Night)

- Add a different Supply Version.

- Extremely defensive (Axis) sided map. Unbalanced &  the small changes to the map show little to no benefit for the Allies.

When the server is at a strong population, map progression gets stuck at stage 1 & 2.

With the idea of damaging a truck, any forward progression is littered with mines. It's a nightmare as an ally trying to fight off the defense and tripping over fields of mines in such a small surface area.

Tack that on with artillery and air strike spam, it gets a little chaotic.

(I understand mines are still used in other versions, but they are less encouraged & more predictable without having to damage a truck)

There are positives in the map and love the idea of trying something new, but I feel the CONs outweigh the PROs for this one.

Halloween maps rock though! ❤️ 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MaTt0 said:

- Remove Supply Pro (Night)

- Add a different Supply Version.

- Extremely defensive (Axis) sided map. Unbalanced &  the small changes to the map show little to no benefit for the Allies.

When the server is at a strong population, map progression gets stuck at stage 1 & 2.

With the idea of damaging a truck, any forward progression is littered with mines. It's a nightmare as an ally trying to fight off the defense and tripping over fields of mines in such a small surface area.

Tack that on with artillery and air strike spam, it gets a little chaotic.

(I understand mines are still used in other versions, but they are less encouraged & more predictable without having to damage a truck)

There are positives in the map and love the idea of trying something new, but I feel the CONs outweigh the PROs for this one.

Halloween maps rock though! ❤️ 

request back to normal Supply Depot 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween is over, so little map update before the next one (which will be for Xmas maps ^_^).

Maps added:

Axislab

Caen

Capuzzo

Castle Attack

ETL Supply

FA GoldRush

Karsiah

Library

Raiders

Saberpeak

Maps removed:

Haunted Mansion

Resurrection

UJE Halloween

UJE Hells Gate

Warbell

Supply Pro (night version of the usual Supply Depot)

GoldRush gals

Beerun

Dubrovnick

Teuthonia

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Renegade Pig said:

WHAT .. you removed GALS :(  shame on you! 

I knew this comment was coming!

But I didn't forget you, I added back Capuzzo and also the FA GoldRush version. That version really tries to help out Allies at the bank stage.

• Like 1
  • Love 1